Search results

1. KCmark

Can I vent my exhaust fan into a joist bay?? No moisture...

David brings up an excellent point. This should be a real consideration in your decision, IMO. If it's not too much trouble, I don't see a problem with venting it to the soffit over your porch. Soffits often have vents so I don't think it would be viewed as aestheically offensive. The only...
  2. KCmark

Can I vent my exhaust fan into a joist bay?? No moisture...

Let me preface this by saying I am not a professional like many of these guys. My knowledge and experience comes from renovating/remodeling 80+ yr old homes -- our own home(s) as well as friend's and family's homes. I've never been paid for this kind of work, but I'm not a fool and learn how...
  3. KCmark

Leaking anti-siphon (vacuum breaker) sill cock

Thanks for the info, Lancaster. I haven't popped off the plastic cap to take a close look at the casting hidden by the cap, but will do so. Checked the rest of the faucet which is exposed and have found no cracks. Thanks also for the link -- made it easy to find the right model number and the...
  4. KCmark

I'm thinking that at some point during one of the warm spells in our area during this mild winter that the hose was left on by myself or the wife and it subsequently froze. The sillcock is not in a very good place to get to from the inside of the house -- it can be done, but it will be a...
  5. KCmark

Yesterday I discovered that one of our outdoor faucets is now leaking through the anti siphon (vacuum breaker assembly) and spraying out under the plastic cap when the faucet is turned on. I assume that this is repairable by replacing the seals in the vacuum breaker assembly or, if necessary...
  6. KCmark

Missing Part/Seal to create toilet rim holes

I took a closer look at the plastic piece that remains up under the lip of the bowl and it appears that maybe it is not broken. There are no holes in it - rather it simply directs some of the water entering from the back of the bowl to go around the side of the bowl to create a whirlpool...
  7. KCmark

Missing Part/Seal to create toilet rim holes

We moved into a new(er) home over Thanksgiving and over the weekend I finally made it into the half bath in our basement to do some much needed first-time cleaning. I immediately noticed how dirty the front of the bowl was. While cleaning I realized that during the flush, water was not coming...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks