Search results

1. S

Need Help with AC Repair: Seeking Advice

thanks in advance for any help
  2. S

Need Help with AC Repair: Seeking Advice

Hey everyone, I'm facing an AC unit issue and could use some guidance. Lately, it's been blowing warm air instead of the refreshing cool breeze it's supposed to. I've checked the thermostat settings, changed the filter, and even cleaned the vents, but no luck. Could it be a refrigerant leak...
  3. S

Common Vent -- add a sink to floor drain dry vent ?

Started looking for a place to connect my basement powder room ejector pit vent. The guys who did the rough-in 16 years ago did not provide a vent. Maybe they were assuming I could tie into the overhead waste line but that is a different subject. My kitchen sink trap drains into a 2” vertical...
  4. S

Exploring Slimline Radiators: Seeking Advice

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a slimline radiator for my space, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the options out there. I'm hoping to get some advice from those who have experience with these types of radiators. Firstly, what are the key factors to consider when choosing a slimline radiator...
  5. S

Seeking Advice on Kitchen Worktops!

6. S

Seeking Advice on Kitchen Worktops!

Hey everyone, I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and I'm facing a dilemma when it comes to choosing the right worktop material. There are so many options out there - granite, quartz, marble, wood, laminate, and more. I'm leaning towards quartz for its durability and low maintenance...
  7. S

Seeking Advice on Solar Inverters for Home Installation

Hey everyone, I'm in the process of exploring solar energy options for my home, and I have a question about solar inverters. Can anyone share their experiences or recommendations regarding solar inverters for home installation? I'm particularly interested in learning about the most reliable...
  8. S

Carpet Cleaning Question

Thanks in advance for any help
  9. S

Carpet Cleaning Question

Hey everyone, I'm in a bit of a quandary about carpet cleaning and thought I'd reach out for some advice. My carpets have seen better days, and I'm wondering what the best approach is for cleaning them effectively. I've heard about various methods like steam cleaning, dry cleaning, and DIY...
  10. S

Air Duct Cleaning: To Do or Not to Do?

11. S

Air Duct Cleaning: To Do or Not to Do?

Hey everyone, I've been contemplating whether I should get my air ducts cleaned, but I'm feeling a bit uncertain about it. Can anyone share their experiences or insights on the matter? How often should it be done? And most importantly, does it make a significant difference in air quality and...
  12. S

Sewer line. Is this a professional repair

Got a call for a sewer repair. Woman's sewer backs up when she does laundry. She had a sewer/drain cleaner come out & snake out pipe. They also did press. water test to find problem. They said problem in pipe was between sidewalk & house. The sewer is 6' deep. So to replace 15' of pipe they...
  13. S

Sewer smell from condensate line

Yes, the bad sewer smell could be primarily due to the lack of a proper condensate P-trap in the HVAC drain line. Additionally, the direct connection of the condensate drain line into the PVC sink drain line from the adjacent bathroom could also be contributing to the issue. It's essential to...
  14. S

Seeking Advice on Residential Painters

Hello everyone, I'm in the process of sprucing up my home and I need some guidance regarding residential painters. I've been considering hiring professionals to give my house a fresh coat of paint, but I'm unsure where to start. What factors should I consider when selecting a residential...
  15. S

AAV - Bathroom remodel

16. S

AAV - Bathroom remodel

I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and from the outside it's pretty much impossible because...
  17. S

Easy Tub to Shower Conversion

18. S

Easy Tub to Shower Conversion

I am about to purchase a home, but I wanted to get an idea of how much it would cost to convert the bath tub before I proceed. The house has a 1950s era bathroom that has a tub only. I wanted to do an easy conversion to a shower (that doesn't involve breaking into the wall) until I have enough...
  19. S

General questions about marble mosaic tile

About to embark on one of my most ambitious tile projects to date. It is a feature wall in the Master bathroom which means I want it to look as absolutely perfect as I am capable of making it. I have drawn out the shape and size of the wall on the subfloor of my addition in progress and am mock...
  20. S

Electric water heater in kitchen cabinet

Hello, I want to refinish my kitchen cabinets . It has a lacquer finished and 20 years old. Since the cabinets are in place, so what finish I could go over on top of the lacquer as I am trying to avoid the fumes from the lacquer. Thanks for your advice.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks