Search results

1. kk

Hot water expansion problem

Wanted to follow up on this - I put an Amtrol ST-5 expansion tank on the cold feed to the hot water tank. Problem solved. It doesn't take a very big expansion tank to make a very big difference in pressure in the system. Thanks for the advice. -kk
  2. kk

Yes. Water pressure when this isn't going on is 60psi, so it seems the PRV is working. Perhaps this problem was on the edge of happening all along and the city water pressure increased just enough to push things over the edge. I was eyeing the drain port on my main shutoff valve (on the...
  3. kk

I have a System 2000 boiler which has a seprate hot water storage tank which is heated by a heat exchanger. Everything worked fine for over a year after it was installed, but lately it has started over-pressuring, which causes the T&P valve to open. I put a gauge on the tank to verify what I...
  4. kk

drain pipe size and venting sink

Trying to learn something here... supposing Barry's sink didn't have a proper vent - what would the correct thing to do be? Being as it's 30 feet away from the stack, how do you run a vent line? With an existing structure it seems like it would be close to impossible to run up and over to the...
  5. kk

Only 59" for tub/shower unit?

I just demolished my ancient cast iron tub and removed it, thinking that by the time I got the sheetrock off the walls around it I would have the needed 60" of width to put in a new 2-piece tub/surround. Wrong! Only 59" of clearance - they actually notched the studs on one end an inch to get...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks