Search results

1. F

Pipe banging with arrestor in place, possible diff in pressure in system?

Seems the problem is resolved when the PRV pressure is upped. Likely due to the difference between restricted PRV pressure and varying city pressure, the differential of the two was creating low-pressure/vacuum in the pipe and when the valve shuts the pressures need to equalize and thus...
  2. F

main line is 3/4, water meter is relatively new only 8 yrs old. the whole house is 20 yrs old, all copper pipes. the sprinkler tee is 1inch tho. when the kitchen faucet is not opened all the way (half opened), we get the hammering, but if its opened all the way no hammer.
  3. F

Thanks for your reply. I did another test where by, i turned on a kitchen faucet while the irrigation system was running (cycling zones) and there is no water banging/pipe banging at all. Makes me think the high-pressure town water is having a vacuum effect on the PRV-sided pipe. And when the...
  4. F

Picture above is the current setup and it has a prv (50psi) and feeds the facets and rest of house except for irrigation system. The city water pressure is >90 psi which only feeds the irrigation system. The prv was installed last November and so the irrigation system never had a chance to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks