Search results

1. J

Kholer Ready Lock installed with double wax ring --> bowl clearing slow

Well the auger didn't clear it. The plumbing manager at ACE recommended melting it away with hot water. Tried that in an old water bottle and it left a wax coating on the surface. Doesn't seem like the best idea to do in a sewer pipe. Looks like I'll probably be pulling it again myself and...
  2. J

That's the next step. I'm just worried the toilet auger is going to be insufficient to clear the wax ring, because it has to go around the bends and will be forced to only one side of the trap way exit, so it will clear one side but not the other. I think it was used because a single wax ring...
  3. J

Thanks, wish I would have known this before. I believe the wax ring failed after being plunged as you describe. It hasn't been caulked yet, so I can use the polyseamseal. So now that it's been installed, what do I do now? Any ideas on how to remove all the extra wax at the flange?
  4. J

I installed a toilet a couple of years ago, one of the new Kholer Ready Lock ones with the side skirts. The wax seal failed after about 18 months, I suspect when large guests used it. I replaced the wax ring, and it promptly failed again. Annoyed, I decided to call a plumber to replace the drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks