Search results

1. Y

Dilemma over using 3/4 vs 1/2

Hi, I'm replumbing a part of the house in copper 3/4 and 1/2. Usually I go 1/2 for the pipes leading to faucets and 3/4 for the "carrier pipes" (the ones connected to the main water and water heater) across the house. One thing I wonder though. Under my kitchen sink there's the 3/8 dishwasher...
  2. Y

Installing manometer on brand new LFU5B-Z3 3/4 PRV

Hi Can the LFU5B prv accomodate a manometer? I see pictures on the net showing the valve with a manometer attached to it. However I don’t see a screw that can be replaced by a manometer (lf25aub comes with one you just unscrew and screw back the manometer and voilà)
  3. Y

Tested a new main shutoff valve with air, worried about underground leak

I've been replacing the plumbing since awhile in my house. Water was shut at the city valve service box on my front lawn in September (I don't live there yet). I got delayed because of stuff outside the plumbing, in my general life. Mind, this is in Canada, cold winters, so underground lines...
  4. Y

Should I have re-heated the valve?

Hi, Recently bought a house and replacing all the plumbing from PolyButylene to copper. I'm now to this but I enjoy this kind of work. My underground water line is soft copper 3/4 inch. Since the main water shutoff was letting water in the system even when shut, I decided to cut it and replace...
  5. Y

Should I have re-heated the valve?

Hi, I bought a house and since insurance companies didn't like the fact it was all plumbed with polybutylene, I decided to replace it all for copper. And because the main water shutoff valve was letting a bit of water pass, I decided to ask the city to cut off my water supply and to redo the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks