Search results

1. J

Basement Toilet Gurgle Shower Geiser!

Drain Line problem Okay I'll byte... How do I fix a drain line problem? Take a huge snake in through the toilet? Could it be that my neighbors are also experience this, or is it more than likely just me? Neighbors are about 50 feet away in another SFH.
  2. J

Washington DC I'm in Washington DC - it's been quasi cold here as of late! Where would my vent be located? (near the toilet, corner of house) - obviously outside, right?
  3. J

Calling a pro? Thanks, but is there anything that I could try on my own?
  4. J

I've done a little reading of some of the other posts and think that I either have a clog or venting issue, but I need to ask the pros because this one has me stumped! I live in a 1956 SFH with 2 upstairs toilets and a full bath in the basement. I came home the other day to a soaking wet...
  5. J

Thickset (mudset) tile removal

Specific Demo Saw? Looking at my local hardware rental place - I don't see anything labels "demolition saw." Even looking at lowes.com or *********.com and typing in demo saw, nothing really jumps out as the best tool to use. Do you have any specific saws in mind that I could use? Thanks again.
  6. J

Thanks! Thanks for the help guys. I've done the manual sledgehammer approach - EASIER SAID THAN DONE. It's a pain in the rear end and doesn't come off easily at all. I'll give the rental store a call and see what they say. Is a "demo saw" different than a reciprocating saw?
  7. J

Raising Up a Toilet Flange

Hello all, My father has built a raised bathroom floor to allow for an easy step into a whirlpool tub. The Problem: this has created a step down to get to the toilet. We would like to raise the height of the toilet floor about 8 inches. The woodwork is easy, but I'm not quite sure how to...
  8. J

Hello, I'm preparing to do my second bathroom remodel in my home (built in 1954). The thing that I learned from my first remodel is that removing mudset tile is a pain in the rear end. I did it the old fashioned way with a sledgehammer. Does anyone know of the best tool to use to remove...
  9. J

Slow Running Faucet - New Installation

I just installed a new peerless faucet in my bathroom (house built in 1956). When I turn on the faucet, the water comes out at a pretty slow pace. I used to have very good water pressure there, but not any more. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be? Would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks