Search results

1. scrappy

constant running water after new toilet repair kit installed

got it! PROBLEM SOLVED. I raised water level and it shut off. Thanks a lot. Thing is i set height according to the instructions, but their measurement is off. Thanks again for the speedy response!! Scott
  2. scrappy

it's about 1/4" below that opening
  3. scrappy

Hear water running at toilet with valve off

what was the problem. i'm having similar problem now. thx
  4. scrappy

the flush lever broke on my AS Cadet toilet, ended up replacing all the tank components with a Korky kit. The problem is that even when the valve fills tank with water and replenishes the bowl, the water continues to run full tilt. We always had a constant trickle of water before (could always...
  5. scrappy

Watts intelliflow a2c-m1 removal

HJ, What can be used to replace the watts unit with least fuss and expense. i have accessibility. thanks, scott
  6. scrappy

Watts intelliflow a2c-m1 removal

HJ, What can be used to replace the watts unit with least fuss and expense. i have accessibility.
  7. scrappy

installing water hammer arrestors

When installing water hammer arrestors on a washing machine, do i use teflon tape on the plastic washing machine valves? I've never dealt with plastic thread before. :confused Thanks
  8. scrappy

Should I use aftermarket hoses on my washing machine?

My mistake, I apologize. Between text vs talking to someone, and the incredible frustration over this ongoing situation, I obviously read into something that was not there. again, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. If it makes you feel better, I just got back from HD with the last water...
  9. scrappy

I think you're referring to the FLOODSAFE hoses, not the FLOODCHECK hoses. There has never been a reported case of the that hose failing, causing a flood. Maybe the hose isn't compatible with the washer in terms of the proper flow rate, but the service rep could give me no reason why that...
  10. scrappy

We've had the watts unit and FLOODCHEK hoses for about 5-6 yrs. I only recently saw an updated recommendation regarding the hoses that was made @ Feb 2013. they were also not able to answer my question as to WHY they were not safe to use. we've been told it's the Watts unit, now possibly the...
  11. scrappy

How do i find out what my water pressure is? I've had trouble with 2 different sets of front loading washers since we moved washers to upstairs and added new plumbing. water seems to start then abrubtly stop, sometimes starts filling again, sometimes we end up with a error code related to the...
  12. scrappy

Solenoid safety valves for laundry room?

I read that about those hoses too, but I have FLOODCHEK hoses whic I read were much better than the FLOODSAFE ones. Are they different?
  13. scrappy

model # is samsung WF209ANW just got off the online chat with customer service. when given a link to their problem solving page I noticed that they claim FLOODCHEK or FLOODSAFE hoses are NOT ok to use and recommend the steel braided hoses. when I inquired as to why the FLOODCHEK hoses are not...
  14. scrappy

""And the fittings aren't standard, so you can't just unscrew it and put a manual valve back on (but you could put another one of the same units back on)."" is there any fittings to make standard size valves fit??
  15. scrappy

I had the intelliflow unit installed when we moved washer up to 2nd floor. Same time we switched to front loading stackables. have LOTS of problems with the rinse/spin cycle. often get error messages and sometimes have to just turn off and set on separate rinse spin function. Sometimes will...
  16. scrappy

best way to cut pvc pipe?

I have a pvc drain pipe that needs to have a broken joint cut of and replaced. what's the easiest way to do this? the pipe rests up agains a joist but I can get a little space off the joist. I'm thinking sawzall? what's the best type of blade for the pvc? thanks for the help. Scott
  17. scrappy

awkward..how to seal drain pipe???

I had a drain put in the upstairs laundry room floor below our new washer. Long story, but i needed to rip it out and now am left with a small diameter hole in the subfloor AND built up mortared/tiled floor. The drain wash roughly removed from the floor and now i need to seal it as it is no...
  18. scrappy

poor pedestal sink install??

here's the scenario... we just had a pedestal sink installed. 1. the plumber never removed the caulking from the wall from the previous sink. so when he installed the basin, it can't sit flush (due to one vertical line of caulk on the left side). 2. he only fastened it to the wall with...
  19. scrappy

replacing galvanized pipes??

We are finally going to replace the last of the galv. pipes in our house. we had a leak in the upstairs bathroom and decided now is the time to change over to copper for the bathroom. we want to replace all the galv. for copper and change all the shower fixtures. our shower/tub is really...
  20. scrappy

thermal expansion tank for water heater?

do i need to add a thermal expansion tank to my new hot water heater? old one was 50 gall electric and did not have one. new tank is 80 gall electric? thanks Scott
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks