Search results

1. T

Washing Machine 1 1/2" drain stack?

Rats! Thanks for the advice Redwood. I'll have to look at other options now as I really don't want to bust up the floor again to install another 2" drain. I might be able to swap locations with the sink and the washing machine if I find a sink that will fit. The_Slowpoke
  2. T

Washing Machine 1 1/2" drain stack?

Hello everyone. I want to move my washing machine to the opposite wall in my laundry room. This presents me with two problems. 1. I have access to the 1 1/2" vent line that ties in below my bathroom shower drain, which is on the other side of the wall. Can I tie into this vent line and use it...
  3. T

bathroom fan exhaust

Hi, I'm not an expert but I've been doing some research in this area as I'm remodeling both of my bathrooms and I want to make sure they pass code. I live a little further north than you so I'm sure our codes are a bit different as I know venting through the sofit would not pass code here. The...
  4. T

Crack in island cabinet

Hi...One possible cause I was trying to imagine what your problem was and I think I had a similar problem happen with a cabinet that I had made for me. About 18 months after the cabinet was installed, we heard this noise in the kitchen and when we went to find out what was wrong, we discovered...
  5. T

Venting sizes in Ontario Canada

Ontario codes Thanks for the reply Dave. I know I was being a bit specific in my question, but seeing as I am a newcomer to the site, I didn't know what was expected as I read several threads where people were asking for drawings and pictures etc. I'm going to assume I need a 2" drain at least...
  6. T

Do we set the tub and then put up wall?

Do the Walls last..but vapor barrier first Hello. If you are putting the tub against an exterior wall, make sure you insulate and vapor barrier before you install the tub including using acoustic sealer between the floor and the vapor barrier. After that, install your tub with your mortor and...
  7. T

Venting sizes in Ontario Canada

I'm remodeling my basement bathroom and I was wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice on the drain and venting pipe sizes I need to get the job done. There will only be a shower, toilet, and sink and the toilet is only 2 feet from the main stack. Thanks everyone, I enjoy reading...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks