Search results

1. P

Remove flange and put over new tile?

Jumpy, Take a skil saw and set the depth of cut to the thickness of the luan. Mark a line around the perimeter that your saw can cut to (you won't be able to go right against the wall or the shower stall, but you should be able to get within a few inches depending on your saw. Make sure there...
  2. P

Remove flange and put over new tile?

Why not? Is it unnecessary or does it cause problems? Thanks, Bryan
  3. P

Wrecked Flange

What I Did Here's what I ended up doing, for better or worse, on the advice of the folks in the local plumbsing supply shop. (I took along some of the printed out photos so they could see exactly what I was dealing with.) I took a hacksaw and cut off the bend then used a rubber coupler...
  4. P

Wrecked Flange

Here are a couple more pics that may help to give a clear picture of what I have. Bryan
  5. P

Wrecked Flange

Hello, I'm getting ready to tile the bathroom and in so doing removed the toilet to reveal a bit of a mess that I'm not sure how to deal with. I removed the subfloor which was water damaged so at least I've got decent access to the area from both above and below. It's a cast iron bend. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks