Search results

1. G

How to tighten a shower head swivel?

I bought a Culligan showerhead/water filter, actually this one here, Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mount 10,000 Gallon Capacity Filtered Showerhead, Chrome Finish But the swivel mechanism is loose so that the shower head will not stay in place when I try to adjust the head so it points further up. Is...
  2. G

Rust in bathtub water, precursor to trouble?

Thank you Jim (I'm a Haverhill guy myself). That seems to make sense. I did another experiment and if I bypass the tub and have the water first run straight thru the showerhead, I don't seem to see the rust. Also when I stick my hand inside the bathtub spout, I can peel off chunks of metal...
  3. G

Rust in bathtub water, precursor to trouble?

I have a combo bathtub/shower unit in my condo in which I guess was probably installed in 1986 when the building became apartments. When I run the water in the tub to warm up before switching to the shower, there's a fair amount of rust present that eventually dissipates. I don't see this...
  4. G

Where to buy trip lever for Toto Drake ST743S?

The plastic piece right on the lever itself broke after less then three years of use. Where is a good place to buy a replacement? Are they available at Home Depot or Lowes or do I need to buy online? Mine has the silver metal lever and I looked at one place online and they wanted $52 for a...
  5. G

Another Toto Drake installation question

Plumber was here again today fixing a mixmatch between the vanity sink drain outlet and outlet pipe below. I brought up the subject of the wobbly tank to base problem and he exclaimed "oh, all Toto toilets are like that". After he left I thought about the touching in three points and I...
  6. G

Ok, I was looking it over and I see what you mean. By making contact in three points, that means the middle of the front part is going to touch, preventing wobble. I didn't really pay attention at the store but I see that even if touching at three points, there are going to be gaps between the...
  7. G

Thanks Ted for the response. The instructions are now gone. In your experience when tightened down to three points of contact, does the tank wobble at all or sit flush against the bow?
  8. G

Toilet is set up except for the inlet plumbing but I noticed the same thing with this one as I did at the one in the showroom where I bought it. The tank doesn't sit down quite as tight as I wonder that it should and is rather "springy" to the touch. Is this normal or should it be tightened...
  9. G

Toto Drake Ada....Sticky Porcelain bowl

Where do you get the cleaner with Teflon? Is it available at a place like Walmart?
  10. G

Am I going to have trouble installing my Toto Drake?

Thank you Ted and Terry. As I came home from work, I see he has the toilet sitting down ok but alas the inlet pipe is about an inch short from reaching the toilet. I'm hoping he'll replace it with flexible piping.
  11. G

Am I going to have trouble installing my Toto Drake?

Bathroom is being remodeled and probably tomorrow Toto Drake will be installed. The flange is cemented to the PVC pipe, the floor built up to be pretty level with the flange and contractor says he'll attached the ring to the floor wood surrounding the flange and then attach toilet (with wax...
  12. G

Recommend me a good toilet from Home Depot

Went to local fixture store that carries Toto. As they did not have the Ultimate in stock and I wondered if a one piece would fit in my little sedan as it was, I ended up buying the Drake EL along with the soft close seat ($45 for that little sucker). It will go in next week after the bathroom...
  13. G

Can we believe Consumer Reports?

Toto MS874114SG Carlyle I've done a lot of reading on toilets the past two days mainly on this forum. In my quest to find a toilet replacement, I also subscribed to Consumer Reports online (I already am a magazine subscriber) this evening. Their toilet recommended products and reviews varied...
  14. G

Thank you jadnashua (are you from Nashua, NH?). I will research the Cadet more. I did a lot more reading last night. I'm thinking of spending a little bit more and getting a one piece as everything else in the bathroom but the tub will be new. I can easily see that the Toto's get universal...
  15. G

I'm having my bathroom remodeled and am going to Home Depot this weekend to pick out a toilet. What are your recommendations? I would like to keep the cost under $200. I replaced my downstairs one with a Koeler (do not recall which model) and I guess it was all right but one thing that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks