Search results

1. Glnow

Good Resource to Compare Kitchen Appliances?

Hello, In the early stages of a kitchen remodel here and am looking for a reliable reviews on the various brands of appliances. Much like Terry Love for plumbing, or John Bridge for tiling, is there a definitive website for learning about appliance performance? Also, if anyone here has...
  2. Glnow

Optimal Flange Height for Toto Unifit

Hi, I apologize in advance because I know this answer has been given in other threads, but what is the "sweet spot" closet flange height, relative to the finished floor, for the Unifit? Top of the flange even with the floor, bottom of the flange even with the floor, top of the flange 1/4"...
  3. Glnow

Reliable Angle Stops

Hi, Is there a preferred company that makes good, reliable angle stop valves? I'm putting in new ones on the toilet and under the vanity. I saw an older thread that mentioned the Brasscraft valves breaking and of course that is all they have at my local Home Depot. ;) Thanks, Greg
  4. Glnow

Pocket Door Behind a Shower Wall

Hi, To save space in small bathroom/bedroom I want to switch out the bathroom door with a pocket door, as part of whole bathroom remodel. It would need to slide behind the rear wall of the shower, opposite the side with all the plumbing. There isn't enough space to slide the door that...
  5. Glnow

Quick Question about No-Hub

Is it legal to no have no-hub connection on a vertical vent line that is behind a wall? I have a metal vent pipe with a hairline crack that needs to be addressed.
  6. Glnow

Toto Guinevere Handle Falling Off

Hi, I've had a Guinevere for about three years. Recently the outer lever/handle keeps falling off of the rod that connects to the flapper chain. I'm able to pop it back on, but it just falls off again a few days later. Anyone else have experience with this or a fix? Thanks, Greg
  7. Glnow

Quick Kitchen Faucet Question

Hi, I have a question about a Kohler K-690 kitchen faucet. It has a single handle that can positioned around 360 degrees and is currently in the front/center (due to space limits). In this position, one turns the handle left to get cold water, and right to get hot water. I’m fine with...
  8. Glnow

Brass Fittings

I've got copper pipe under the house that comes out of the exterior walls at two a places. Attached at both of these is a galvanized 3/4" male NPT union that connects to a 3/4" female galvanized tee. Coming out of each tee is a brass hose bib and ¾ PCV going to the sprinklers. The...
  9. Glnow

Rheem or Bradford White

From other threads it seems that Rheem and Bradford White are the two brands that are most recommended here. Are there any differences between these two brands in terms of performance, reliability, lifetime, etc. Or are they pretty much equivalent? Also, I’ll be using the new heater as a...
  10. Glnow

Cloudy Water in Tank After Refill

Hi I’ve got a toilet which over the last week doesn’t seem to be flushing as well as it used to. I’m judging this by the "gurgling" sound that comes from the bowl when the last of the water runs down the drain; it doesn’t seem as loud and forceful. I did a quick snake of the drain with an...
  11. Glnow

Leaking Shutoff Valve

Hi, I use two (of the same) anti-siphon shutoff valves for my front lawn. One works fine, but when the second one shuts-off, a small amount of water extrudes from the outlet-side. I attached a picture to try to clearly show where it's leaking from. It's leaking from just under the smooth...
  12. Glnow

Old Hot Water Pipe Making Noise (Why Now?)

House has ~25’ length of straight* copper pipe (hot water delivery, not sure if it is ½ and ¾â€, not insulated) that runs from a guest bathroom to the kitchen sink. Earlier this winter, I started to hear sounds coming from under the house, when the water coming out of the kitchen sink’s...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks