Search results

1. dcf1999

Question about sewage line pitch

Hello all! So I have a house with a septic. The sewage line going out to tank comes out of house as PVC, then transitions to clay (2’ sections for about 12’), then back to PVC. We had water that smelled like sewage in our basement. After I put a camera down pipe, I noticed the clay section is...
  2. dcf1999

Septic Tank inlet question

Hello All! In my septic, I have 2 lines that come in. One has a baffle and the other doesn't. The one that doesn't always backs up because, I believe, it doesn't have a baffle. Because the pipes are so close in the septic, I can't add a baffle to the line that's missing a baffle. Anyways, the...
  3. dcf1999

Propane appliances make weird noise / flame when started.

First, I'm going to be calling the LP company about this issue tomorrow... It's just something that's bothering me and I'm kind of curious to what you guys think it could be. My home's gas supply is LP and I'm observing the following problems with at least two of my appliances (fireplace and...
  4. dcf1999

(Hopefully) simple storm window question

My Andersen windows suck and they leak a lot of air. I was looking at installing low e storm windows. I also want to install them to prevent snow from blowing through the screen and getting a "snow drift" between window glass and screen. Anyways I'm trying to read on how to measure and install...
  5. dcf1999

Pool electrical question

I'm looking at re-wireing the pump at my pool. Currently, all the electrical outlets by the pool (for pump and pool lights) are controlled by a timer in the garage. At night, to turn the lights on in the pool, I also have to turn on the pump by manually turning on the timer. I'd like to have a...
  6. dcf1999

Modifying HVAC Ductwork

I'm trying to make my house more energy efficient. I was crawling around one of my crawl spaces (I have 2) and have decided to make it a encapsulated crawl. I'm going to put down 6 mil vapor barrier on the ground and insulate the concrete walls. Only the kitchen lies above the crawlspace. There...
  7. dcf1999

Air compress 240v question

I've searched everywhere and cannot fine a good answer. I just bought a 80 gallon 240v compressor and now I'm Running the electrical. I installed a 30 amp double pole breaker with 10 gauge wire to the outlet. My question is with making the "power cord" for the compressor. Since I ran 10...
  8. dcf1999

Outdoor Fluorescent security light question

On the back of my house, the previous owners installed a 65w outdoor fixture (looks like picture shown). The bulb went out last year so I went to ******* and bought a 65w Fluorescent bulb that had the mogul base and installed it. It never turned on. Maybe a bad bulb... so today, I go and buy...
  9. dcf1999

Propane leak testing

When I bought my new house (propane) the propane service guy came out to test for leaks. He basically just hooked up a gauge to the regulator on the top of the 500 gallon tank. After turning off all gas appliances, he turned off main service valve (between tank and regulator on top of tank) and...
  10. dcf1999

Question about feeding electricity to house

I live on a 2+ acre parcel with a house and an outbuilding. I'm planning on putting up a 50 x 90 pole building. In that pole building I'm putting in a wood shop and personal auto repair shop. The shop will have a lift, welder and tire machines. I'll need multiple 220 outlets and such. I'm...
  11. dcf1999

Backfeeding question

Ahhhh... the common backfeeding forum post... Here it goes! I've beeing doing a lot of research on the topic (as I want everything to be safe). I know the correct way is to use a transfer switch, which I am going to do. I ordered the transfer switch and it will arrive tomorrow. Meanwhile...
  12. dcf1999

Garbage Disposal Electrical Install

Sorry in advance for the long post. My tenants want a garbage disposal. I agreed to put one in for them. I don’t have any electrical outlets under sink so I need to add an outlet and switch. It'ss going to be a dedicated 15A circuit. I figure I have the following options: 1. Do it the...
  13. dcf1999

New bathroom install help! Rough-in Plumbing

Hello all and thanks for reading. I installed a new bathroom and am now planning the DWV plumbing. I included an ISO drawing and a few views from a modeling software program I'm using. I want to replace the original cast iron stack with PVC (from floor to closet flange). I'd keep the cast...
  14. dcf1999

Help with vent design.

I'm remodeling my bathroom. The main problem I have is that all my fixtures (toilet, sink, and shower) will exceed the maximum distance from trap to vent; therefore, I have to install new vents. Let’s take the toilet for example. Its 12' from the soil stack/vent. I was going to run a tee off...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks