Search results

1. crosby1

Tankless Water heater problem

Hoping I can get some opinions on this problem. We did a major house renovation last year and went with a Navien tankless heater with a recirculation pump. The house is ranch style, the unit is in the garage. The closet sink to the unit is a 1/2 bathroom, then kitchen, then guest bathroom...
  2. crosby1

Backflow preventer in crawlspace??

i just had an irrigation system installed @ the house. for now, i opted to tap off the water main under the house and not have a separate meter installed. they put the backflow preventer in the crawlspace and i was wondering if this is an acceptable place for it to be? there were quite a...
  3. crosby1

Tool for scratchless install?

ok, so i need to install a straight showerarm in the ceiling for an overhead rainshower. i don't want to scratch the finish. i tried a strap wrench; couldn't get it tight enough and the strap broke. i don't think i want to grab it with vice grips wrapped with cloth; i tried this once...
  4. crosby1

What Tool to Use

what tool do i need to install shower fixtures (arms, showerheads, etc.) that will grip without damaging the finish? i thought i had once seen something that looked kind of like a oil filter wrench, except it was made of rubber. any ideas? thanks. pietre.
  5. crosby1

Copper Pipe Sweating Question

i'm getting ready to install a shower rough-in valve and all associated plumbing connections. i need to attach a few elbows to the valve before installing it. question: if i sweat the elbows to the valve and then come back to sweat the pipe to the elbows, how do i prevent the 1st solder...
  6. crosby1

Vent Question

Does a vent have to be a straight run or can it incorporate 90 degree right angles? I'm re-doing a shower stall; one wall is going to be glass block...right in the middle of that wall is a vent, so I'm wondering if I can simply re-route the vent to the other side of the stall using 90 degree...
  7. crosby1

CPVC to Copper

Plumbing for a shower remodel; the supply lines are CPVC and the new shower valve is brass with 1/2" CC connections. The CPVC/copper fittings I've seen have a permanently fixed piece of CPVC. How does one sweat the copper fitting without melting the CPVC part of the fitting? Thanks.
  8. crosby1

Moen 3330 Valve Help

Does anybody know which diverter handle position on this valve controls which outflow port? When the handle is straight up and down, I'd like to have the wall showerhead on. When I turn the diverter handle, I want the overhead shower to go on. Is the up/down position on the diverter handle...
  9. crosby1

Frameless shower door and Glass Block install

Hello, I'm starting a shower remodel project and I'm trying to sort things out before I start. The right-hand wall of the shower stall will be tiled, the left-hand wall be tiled from floor to about 4' and then will be glass block from 4' to ceiling. I want a frameless glass shower door to fit...
  10. crosby1

I hope this is a dumb question...

I hope this is a dumb question...Moen 3330 Valve i'm ready to plumb a new shower using the Moen 3330 valve. the valve instructions are horrendous, stating that the plasterguard must be "flush with the finished wall"...well now, exactly how does one do that if the finished wall hasn't been...
  11. crosby1

Recommendations and help, please...

Hello all, i'm just starting a bathroom remodel project. i'll be re-doing the existing shower stall (48" x 48") and would like to have a regular wall shower (we like our speakman showerhead) and in addition, i want to add an overhead rainshower. 1st, the installation. i'm getting...
  12. crosby1

3/4" vs. 1/2"

i have 1/2" supply to the bathroom. when installing a mixing valve and controls for a custom shower, do i have to use 1/2" valves or can i use 3/4" valves? should i plumb the 1/2" supply to a 3/4" mixing valve and then use 3/4" pipe for the remainder of the installation? i guess what i'm...
  13. crosby1

Diverters, Volume Controls, Thermostatic Valves!! Help!

i'm getting ready to start a bathroom remodel and want to plumb the shower stall for a standard shower head and an overhead (ceiling) mount rainshower. basically i want to have the temperature controlled, i need to turn the water on and off (but don't need to adjust the volume - full "on" is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks