Search results

1. O

Converting from 1.5" to 2"

Thanks leejosepho and markts30 for the comments. Markts30, I think I found the donut that you spoke of. It is made by Fernco. I will let you know how it works. Also thanks for the tip on drainage fittings. I made sure to get drainage, not the other "straight" kind. So I plan on...
  2. O

Ok... So to answer some of the questions... 1. I did stuff a rag in the Wye to prevent sewer gases. 2. the shower drain is 10 feet from the y with a 90 degree turn at 8ft. 3. in the old system, 2.5 feet after the trap there was a T with the drain contining straight through. the other...
  3. O

Thanks guys, great info... especially the math refresher. Cool to see those old formulas put to practical use... I got crazy with the torch tonight and got the 1.5" pipe out at the stack. I am fortunate because my house is brick on block, so no worries about burning it down since the...
  4. O

I will take some photos tonight. I also am going to try and see if the joint is lead solder or not by putting a torch to it.
  5. O

New to the post and like what I see. I wish I would have found this place 2 years ago! It would have saved me money and many headaches! I am elbow deep into a total remodel of a master bath. It is an older home (1947). I am re-tiling the shower and have EVERYTHING ripped out down to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks