Search results

1. DoctorHawaii

Noisy ticking in flue pipe after installing new gas water heater

Sorry guys for leaving this thread hanging. Since it wasn't an emergency, it took a back seat to, well, emergencies elsewhere. So, in the end, it turns out the noise--which is still happening, btw--is coming from the DuraVent type B vent pipe in the walls. The water heater's in the basement...
  2. DoctorHawaii

I don't know the anatomy of the flue, so that helps a lot--and seems like the right answer to where it's coming from. Of course...that also means I'm not likely to fix it! I've already got a call in to B W and I'll post what they have to say. Cheers and thanks.
  3. DoctorHawaii

Haha...what I mean is the tinks and ticks and clinks and clicks get louder as they move up the vent pipe...the way trumpets and tubas and the three-noozled bloozer and the one-nozzled noozer get noisier and louder as the note travels through them. My flue duct could work in a Dr. Seuss book.
  4. DoctorHawaii

Hey there. Just had a new BradWhite propane water heater installed in the same spot (basement) as the 20-yr old one. Since day 1, whenever the burner kicks on there's a surprisingly annoying ticking sound inside the water heater. I can pinpoint that it comes from the unit itself, since I can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks