Search results

1. Refinisher

Drywalling a ceiling

I have been installing drywall for better than 20 years, where do you buy 1/4" drywall??? They make 3/8", 1/2" and 5/8". Mobile Homes wall board is a gypsum product but even it is not 1/4". I would use moisture barrier of 4 mil plastic on joists then mosture resistant plywood in 1/4" first...
  2. Refinisher

Claw foot tub question

Yes you are right, my bad.... I ran into a good one today. Customer dropped off a antique clawfoot 1920's which was in his house and he had done 8 DIY kits on it over the last 15 years of living there. He stated it would look great for about 2 months and then start to peel. Here is the...
  3. Refinisher

Removing Moen tub drain

Call the tech support of Moen, they will be able to walk you through it.
  4. Refinisher

Restoring 1934 tub...Refinish Types?

Yes I refinish tubs like this all the time, the rust gets removed after removing the drain plug. There is a special product kinda like bondo (different and made for tubs) that you apply. It inhibits rust around that area. Large chips and even 50 years of wear can be fixed. Keep in mind that...
  5. Refinisher

Claw foot tub question

I have been in this line of work for about 9 years and I have nver heard of a acrylic liner for a clawfoot. There is companies that make acrylic liners and tubs such as BCI but nothing for the interior of the clawfoot.
  6. Refinisher

Where can I get this bathtub?

http://www.selfservedogwash.com/tubs/polytubs.htm Here is something like it... http://www.northcoastmarines.com/bathing_tubs_pro.htm Heres another
  7. Refinisher

Tell me how to protect my computer

Try clearing your cache, that will slow down your computer as it collects unused data that you have downloaded over time. If you use internet explorer, go online and on the above task bar click TOOL, then INTERNET OPTIONS, then DELETE FILES in the Center, then CLICK IN THE BOX THAT SAYS "Delete...
  8. Refinisher

How can you tell if a wall is load-bearing?

I will tell you but I will say this first: If you have to ask hire a professional! I will tell you that is very hard to make sure that a wall is load bearing even by some pros. So take great caution! Mentioned below is definatly a load bearing wall: If you can view the joists in the...
  9. Refinisher

CBL, Thats funny I was just thinking how much I hate removing the adheasive from tubs when the liner fails - LOL:D I am actually looking into going to school at BCI this summer as I do get requests for tub liners from time to time. Just seems to me like like putting a pretty bandaid on an...
  10. Refinisher

Crack in island cabinet

EXACTLY! The problem with that is 2 things, 1st you really have no idea what has happened since the install 18 months ago. 2nd It has already happened and you know what they say about spillled milk............. IMO, dont get upset about the little things, just find ways to keep from it...
  11. Refinisher

Bathfitter, Anyone ever use Bathfitter?

There is 2 ways of getting a new looking tub 1st is refinishing cost between $275-350 depending on where you are at. Next is bathtub liners, and I am not sure what they cost but I think it is about $1000. Either way you go check not only the dependability of the company but ask around your...
  12. Refinisher

Crack in island cabinet

Man dont place blame just repair it. I would start with the manufacturer but more than likley the manufacturer did not install them. Next to go the installer and ask them to come and look at it, normally this will take a couple days but they will look at it and they are experienced to fix this...
  13. Refinisher

Pre-Fab Shower Crack

I have a true fix for anyone with cracks in fiberglass and it is time tested over the last 8 years. When I first started refinishing tubs I would do a ton of mobile homes, as you know most of them have the cheepest parts in them. Well fiberglass is what they make all showers and most tubs...
  14. Refinisher

Claw foot tub question

Wrong answers!!! If you do not know the process of refinishing, you really should not answer the question. Failed refinishing jobs on most occasions are the process of DIY products and or a person that has no clue of what they are doing. The process is an actual reglazing and not a painting...
  15. Refinisher

Refinish the tub I am so glad I found this site as I am going to fix all the mistakes for you that have to do with refinishing. I have been refinishing tubs for about 8 years. Refinish vs replace, wow no question REFINISH. Being a refinisher I know this sounds one sided however I will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks