Search results

1. flazoom

clogged intake or loss of prime

I am having a problem with my irrigation system not working. The pump seems to run ok but none of the zones are working. The water for the system is taken from a lake and is fed via a 2 inch PVC pipe. The system is about 15 years old and the pump has been replaced once as has the timer. This...
  2. flazoom

can vanity sink offset use 90degree bend out of wall?

I am installing a double sink vanity in my master bath. The new sink drains no longer line up with the waste pipe in the wall. Can I use a 990 degree bend coming out of the wall to route the drain line along the back of the vanity and have the ptrap face towards the back as well? I know I can...
  3. flazoom

tilted closet flange problem..

Hello, While replacing the third (and final) toilet in my house (2 Toto Drakes and 1 Soiree) I found that the closet flange was not screwed to the floor and was tilted about 1/2 in. The back of the flange touches the floor and the front is raised about 1/2 inch. The toilet I removed had been...
  4. flazoom

Wet ceiling arond AC ' ducts

Hello, I live in south Florida and run my AC pretty much year round and have a question about the ceiling AC ducts. All my ceilings around the ducts are wet to the point the paint has bubbled a bit. There is no dripping but the ceiling drywall is quite damp when I removed it. It is only around...
  5. flazoom

loose waste pipe/replacing flange questions.

This is a great forum that helped me to redo my half bath about a year ago. Now I am on to my next project and have new questions. I am retiling a master bathroom floor and when I removed the toilet and old tile I found that that waste pipe for the toilet has at least 6 inches of vertical...
  6. flazoom

Advice on which TOTO, Soiree or Nexus?

Last year I remodeled a half bath and installed an ADA Drake. We have been very happy with the toilet and plan to use either a Nexus or a Soiree in our Master Bath *currently under remodel). I have searched the forum to see if there were any comparisons of these 2 models without any luck. Does...
  7. flazoom

bathtub removal - what about drain?

bathtub removal - should I remove the drain pipes or cap them? I have removed a bathtub as part of my master bath remodel. This leaves me with the overflow and main drain pipes along with water pipes that I need to deal with before I can patch the subfloor and install tile. What is the best way...
  8. flazoom

Confused about 1/2 or 3/4 inch valves

I am going to purchase Grohe valves (1 thermostatic and 2 flow) for my master bath shower remodel. We were looking at 'aquabrass' as I posted in another question, but my wife saw the Grohe 'Allure' style and made her/our decision. I now need to decide on 1/2 inch versus 3/4 inch. I have 3/4...
  9. flazoom

Opinions on AquaBrass for Master Bath Shower

Hello, I have been lurking for awhile and have just started a Master Bath remodel. (It was a projrct but is fast becoming a 'hobby' :D) So far I have removed the shower and pan, 3/4 of the floor tile and cement board and 3 walls of drywall to the studs. Based on reading this great forum so far...
  10. flazoom

p-trap or modified s-trap question

I am attempting my first bathroom renovation (its a 1/2 bath) and am in a bit of a bind with installing the new vanity and sink. The new vanity is a raised model with a shelf that is 14 inches from the floor. Of course the existing p-trap is at a height of 13 inches from the floor now that I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks