Search results

1. Doublebonus

Angle stop placement in vanity

Can you move installation of angle stops a few inches here and there to avoid obstructions. The wall is open and might be easier to avoid studs and pipes. Or, do you have to stay within certain placement dimensions?
  2. Doublebonus

Drain pipe wants to fall through the floor

Good idea , unfortunately I don't have room for a risre clamp. Vent pipe comes through 2x4 bottom plate about 2 inches from wall stud.
  3. Doublebonus

Drain pipe wants to fall through the floor

Cutting vent pipe near floor. How do you guys keep the pipe from falling through the floor after cutting?
  4. Doublebonus

Drain for double sink vanity

The link that Terry suggested. He said to use the one in green. Seems there is no other option. If I stack 2 tees the stubouts would be at different levels? https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/convert-single-sink-to-double.101857/
  5. Doublebonus

Then there's no option that would meet code. Terry gave an option a while back that I'm going to have to go with. He said to have a wye at top and bottom with basically 2 vertical stacks side by side,each one having a sanitary tee for horizontal waste arm. Wye at top and bottom would tie into...
  6. Doublebonus

Converting single sink to double. Existing stubout is in center. Converting from copper to PVC. All drains and vent stack are 1 1/2 inch. Can I use the bottom drawing? Would tie in to existing copper stack at top and bottom with shielded coupling. Everything between ferncos would be PVC. Would...
  7. Doublebonus

Shut off after meter leaking

I have 2 valves,1 before meter and 1 after. I can turn off the water valve before the meter to replace the valve after the meter,correct?
  8. Doublebonus

Convert single sink to double

So to clarify off the green photo I'll need 2 Ferncos with short pipe to wyes , 2 45's to 2 sanitary tees for arms, correct? Which is better to use, PVC or ABS?
  9. Doublebonus

Second pic not easy for me. Pipe from basement is in center. First pic I would use a Fernco on copper,short pc of pvc,then wye to split....... and Fernwood at top to attach 1-1/2 pvc back to copper stack (.pic 1.) Would it be possible to to use Fernco at bottom to short pc 2" pvc to inlet of...
  10. Doublebonus

What fitting to use in the stack where arms come in. My drain is 1-1/2". The Double fixture fittings I've seen have a 2"" at bottom to drain line. Also would I have to add AAV by trap or revent higher up the stack to roof? Also ,everything is copper, would prefer to splice into copper stack...
  11. Doublebonus

New here so bear with me. My daughter wants a double sink vanity,and since I'm her diy plumber! All drains are 1 - 1/2 ". It will be centered over existing stubout. It may not be up to code but I have little options. Can't repipe entire drain due to it extending into adjacent finished part of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks