Search results

1. cbl

Bathfitters

I don't charge enough! I install BCI tub liner systems. My prices start at $2900.00 for a basic tub liner and 3 walls. My average customers spend about $4000. Thicker materials and Lifetime warranty to boot... FYI we can do a tub liner, walls, ceiling panel, window kit, diverter, new drain...
  2. cbl

moentrol and positemp, same escutcheon?

Only one supply house had the kit and it was $350+, not including the Moentrol valve. Moen no longer sells a polished brass kit thru their website (discontinued 2 years ago?). e Bay had a few kits surface in the $150-200 range. The local strores like Home Depot etc. don't have anything listed in...
  3. cbl

I found a local electroplating shop that is going to turn the chrome pieces into polished brass. He is charging me his minimum fee of $85.00 for plating the escutcheon, handle, screws, etc. All pieces will also get a few coats of laquer. I hope it all holds up for the next few years.
  4. cbl

Thanks, you saved me a few trips on the way to work tomorrow.
  5. cbl

I installed a Moentrol with chrome trim. My customer now wants polished brass. I think I have an extra brass trim set for a PosiTemp. Anyone know if the set I have will fit the Moentrol?
  6. cbl

Moen diverter--hot water runs out

No external pump was found.
  7. cbl

I physically pulled the tube from the heater. It was aprox. 2/3rds the length of the heater and had no visible damage.
  8. cbl

Removing Moen tub drain

Does it have the "pull knob" on top? In the up position hold the stopper then unscrew the pull knob. There should be a square hole under the knob. Use a big screwdriver in the hole and unscrew the assemble from the drain.
  9. cbl

Restoring 1934 tub...Refinish Types?

Check your messages
  10. cbl

The water was scalding when we checked it. The dial was turned all the way up on the heater (by her).We used a thermometer but I forget what the actual temp was. After a few minutes the it went from hot to cold very quickly. Thats why I thought it was a dip tube issue (it's not, I checked)...
  11. cbl

What is your favorite faucet?

I like the Moens when they come from a real plumbing supplier. HD sells the same kit I like to use, but their version (same part numbers) is mostly plastic.
  12. cbl

Shower arm and an easy out tool

I just had the exact same thing happen to me on a job 3 weeks ago. You are correct..the tool goes into the hole and you twist it. It then expands to fit the pipe...but... I have the standard 3 piece set of extractors that HD sells. None of them fit. I ended up prying out the broken piece...
  13. cbl

Restoring 1934 tub...Refinish Types?

I love refinished tubs! I get to put liners over the top of them every week!...just kidding! Make sure you get a warranty for whichever method you decide to use.
  14. cbl

Getting a tub up to a third floor.

Can you have a tub liner installed over the old tub instead of a complete removal/replace? Liners only weigh about 40 pounds. Just stand it up on end and walk it up.
  15. cbl

Tool for bath tub drain removal

http://www.heavydutystore.com/Ridgid_31405Model_342_Internal_Wrench_p_21666.html The above link is a picture of what you might be looking for. I have one in my arsonal. I always try the dumbbell first, then the above mentioned tool. If neither of them work I use my jigsaw or sawsall to to...
  16. cbl

I communicate with her thru email. I sent her a note asking to see the report from the Sears guy. She freaked out and accused me of thinking that she was trying to hide something from me. The following is my latest reply... "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude about the report. I was just...
  17. cbl

Thanks everyone, I needed someone to tell me it was a customer problem and not my plumbing work. The tank is a 40 gallon Kenmoore, 4 years old, gas. My installed valve does't leak hot water and the set screw is set correctly. The Moentrol valve is the one I use for everyday installs...
  18. cbl

acrylic tub (where to buy liner directly)

I have a bath liner business. I would not recommend installing a liner unless you also did the acrylic walls too. If you only do the tub there will be too many ways for water to get in-between the new liner and the old tub. It will cost a bit more, but the new tub liner and walls can be...
  19. cbl

Tell me how to protect my computer

I use ClamWin and Microsoft Defender, both are free. If you get a virus, TrendMicro can take care of it by doing an on-line scan and fix. Also free.
  20. cbl

Moen 3189. She claims the temp only drops in the bathtub. My thermometer shows the same lower temp in the bath, kitchen, and laundry. That's why I thought it was a broken dip-tube. I checked and the tube and it's ok. It seems like her 40 gallon tank only holds ten gallons.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks