Search results

1. Leadbenny

Am I using 12/3 cable from a switch to an outlet correctly?

The internal clamps sit basically flush within the box.....I'm not totally sure how they're factored in calculations in Canada, but I'm going with a 3" box.
  2. Leadbenny

Thanks for your concern. Yes the instructions to say to have a gfci protected circuit. The circuit will be GFCI protected upstream via a 20 amp gfci outlet before entering the switch box.
  3. Leadbenny

Thanks for info. Oof on the box size. I don't think I can even get a 3 1/2 inch deep box where I am.... I'm only finding 3"..... Also, going off the calculations here my outlet box has 10 "wires" (2 black, 2 white, 1 ground, 1 red, 2 for device, 2 for clamps). I'm prepared to get a 3 inch box...
  4. Leadbenny

I'm installing a hardwired towel warmer and I thought I would include an outlet on the same cable because the towel warmer needs a junction box anyway. Can I run a 12/3 with both black/red hot, black attached to the switch, to the outlet connected to red, and continue the black to the towel...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks