Search results

1. Coz

Sweating copper pipe problem

sometimes compression fittings are handy also.
  2. Coz

New faucet, bad diverter valve

Really a problem with a home depot faucet? mmmm ...you can get the parts from a real plumbing supply house. call around and see who deals in moen and fix it yourself.
  3. Coz

PEX bath re-do

make sure you have proper clips to support it. I see no clips. A code book helps
  4. Coz

How to leak test tub drain?

I use plumbers putty........ fill the tub with the drain closed. No leaks = good. Drain water no leaks = good ,,,,,,,,,,that simple
  5. Coz

Still Diagnosing

find a local plumber(not in the yellowpages) before bathfitters. I know I can replace a whole tub/shower cheaper than they can and its a better job.
  6. Coz

Broken flange

so flange is all plastic? if it has the metal ring you can replace just the ring or ream it out and replace the whole thing as stated earlier.
  7. Coz

Venting sink in island

look for an illistration for a BOW vent that is what you need.
  8. Coz

Pressure valve stuck open

shut off the water drain it down and change it. it looks to be a compression fitting.
  9. Coz

Urinal for residential use?

I installed a urinal in a house last year. the plumbing aspect wasnt any more complex than other fixtures.Cost depends on the model which is up to you.They make rustproof baseboard if you are going that route.I sell it to all my customers where heat is near a toilet.
  10. Coz

Glued Pipe to Cast Iron?

I would cut the pipe behind the ty then you can convert to plastic. For the 10 mins. it would take will be worth it in the long run.
  11. Coz

Recommend me a good toilet from Home Depot

when buying a toilet from HD or lowes make sure the box hasn`t been opened and its all in one peice. Twice got toilets to the job tank cracked/missing parts. very frustrating... I only buy from them if its after hours.
  12. Coz

Concrete slab no flange 3.5ID cast iron

what Ted said is how I do it also.
  13. Coz

cleaning old solder

heat it up, wipe with rag then you could hit it with some sand cloth.
  14. Coz

Chrome Drain Pipe to Cast Iron

Cass is right on the money... cut the whole thing out and replace with plastic.It will make things easier in the long run.
  15. Coz

Price per fixture ???

I go 1000 per fixture & water heater extra. I list exactly what faucets, shower valves and sinks i am installing. If they want more expensive fixtures its an extra. Have a contract!!!! If you lose money at this rate find a new trade. Even at 800 per fixture you can make money.
  16. Coz

Hot water

had one plumber tell my customer(now) his coil was failing and sold him on an indirect water heater. I changed the guts in the mixing valve. endless hot water.That was 2 years ago still running strong.
  17. Coz

Fixing Symmons Model A

there are o rings on the diverter.. you can change it but you need a symmons tool to remove it.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks