Search results

1. P

Advice Please: Tying into septic

Gary, thanks for your help. To be honest, this is the first forum that I posted to for help with this, so I'm not familiar with who you mentioned. I actually was referred to OPW by a colleague of mine. The good news is, I now know about your site and will visit it when I plan on purchasing my...
  2. P

Thanks for your responses. I have two Fleck 7000's, one is a 32,000 G softener and the other is for a 1.5 birm filter (both discharge). I bought them from Ohio Pure Water Co and they have been helpful, but over the phone. I didn't choose them for any particualr reason other than price...at...
  3. P

You're exactly right. The average top-loading washing machine dumps no less than 30 gallons per load into the septic. About a month ago our washer took a dump, so we bought a front loader...which uses a lot less. So the septic system has the capacity for a softener without question. I was...
  4. P

Unfortunately, the softener is being installed into a crawlspace so my only option is the short distance to the 4" PVC septic line. Creating another drain field specifically for the softener isn't an option. I've done months of reading and I'm not concerned with dumping into our tank. There...
  5. P

I have a water softener being installed and it has to be discharged into my septic tank. The drain line coming from the water softener is a flexible 1/2" PEX-type tubing, and my septic line is 4" PVC. Can someone recommend how, or direct me to where I can find out how to install this safely...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks