Search results

1. B

Just-For-Copper

Its fixed !! I finally put together the supplies and time and managed to borrow a sawz-all last weekend and fixed my leak. Getting the old piece of pipe out was fairly easy given that I had done some work exposing the ends of it earlier. But, putting the new pipe in was more challenging...
  2. B

Just-For-Copper

David and HJ, I have all copper pipes everywhere (supply and drains) except for the j-traps under the kitchen sink (they are stainless steel). The piece of pipe I will be connecting to is sound. The reason I was considering PVC for the replacement piece was because coz mentioned 'switching...
  3. B

Just-For-Copper

Thanks for clearing up my clamp confusion. I remember seeing a coupling just like the one markts30 described at my local Ace Hardware store. I'll pick one up before this weekend's assault on the leaky pipe -- I'll return the unopened just-for-copper product then too :) A few last (I hope)...
  4. B

Just-For-Copper

Coz, I have to show my ignorance here. What is the difference between a fernco and a band seal clamp? I googled a bit and to an amateur's eyes they both look like a rubber sleeves clamped at each end with circular metal clamps. Can you give me a web site so I can be sure to get the right...
  5. B

Just-For-Copper

This product claims to bond copper without soldering. It has been discussed on this forum before but not too recently (at least not according to my searches). There was some skepticism about using it, but not much hard data. Maybe there is more info on it now? What about using it to repair a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks