Search results

1. bctile601

new toilet burbling

Thanks again for your time, it is appreciated. I have called my plumber friend and he is going to find time to come by and ' look ' again. We'll see what he comes up with. I'll attach a pic of the piping in the basement. I think the toilet IS less than 12" from and elbow, or real close to it...
  2. bctile601

new toilet burbling

In a way it was, The local yocal is a family friend who is liscensed and engineered the venting. I did what he said to save labor $$. I will call him this morning. Though there does not appear to be any obstruction in the ' heel ' of that upstairs toilet elbow, I may pull the upstairs toilet...
  3. bctile601

new toilet burbling

Is there a solution ? :confused:
  4. bctile601

new toilet burbling

Hi, and thanks in advance for any possible help. I come by way of John Bridge tile forums, I help out there a little, but kind of keep up with the pro discussions mostly. Anyways, I am remodelling a main floor bath in a 1950's cape style house upstate New York. Yesterday was able to grout...
  5. bctile601

New Ceramic Tile/ old Toilet Flange

The toilet will reset easily with just one, or maybe 2 at most of the PVC spacers. Got to have the longer bolts, and if posible set the bolts to grab the original flange.
  6. bctile601

bath fan exhaust

yes Ted, that seems like a good approach. Wifey is already in he know about this extra hole in the soffit so that will be on her 10 most wanted things to be done list until it's patched. I believe the cutout is still around, I'll prolly just caulk it back in with some PL if I need to move the...
  7. bctile601

Shower drain ?'s

That's right, a standard 2 pc drain would normally, and correctly be placed directly on the plywood subfloor, or in this case, on the slab. This drain is different and is not clearly worded in the technical data for this application. It states ... 1b. When job conditions require the setting...
  8. bctile601

Cutting Granite Tile

No, wesaws do not generally work that way, however there is a special blade, or tool that can cut a profile on the granite tiles, most common is a 3/8" radius, once cut, the profile will need polishing and sealer. With a ' slight curve ' the tiles can be cut and either sent out for profiling...
  9. bctile601

bath fan exhaust

Yes, guess I am saying that, though the vinyl material is nailed directly to the wood, the only gap there is what is created by the profile of the vinyl .... maybe 1/2" or so. Since we won't be using the room for a while yet, this will give me some time to research the right item. I do a...
  10. bctile601

Shower drain ?'s

Schluter will want a 1" mortar bed under the flange of the drain, so the maximum you could gain is 2", which is considerable with shower floor build up. I had a rough situation once where a builder glued the drain too tight to the subfloor ahead of me, I was able to get a variance from my rep...
  11. bctile601

Insulate a Bathtub?

would any of you consider insulating these voids on a 'blow tub' I am getting ready to set ?
  12. bctile601

bath fan exhaust

I just gutted our main bath a couple of days ago, rebuilding slowly now. I am installing a light / fan combo in the center of the small room and direct venting with a 4" flexible wire clad hose to what I would consider a non-vented soffit that has been covered with 12" center vent vinyl soffit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks