Search results

1. Jumpyg

Repair leaking Delta shower valve

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just had to thank Jimbo for this excellent advice. I had a stuck bonnet nut on a Delta 1400 shower valve. I needed to switch out the cartridge due to a leak. Spraying vinegar on the bonnet nut a dozen times yesterday afternoon and evening and letting it sit...
  2. Jumpyg

How do I stop this faucet from leaking?

Well, I took the cartridge to my local plumbing supply and they didn't have a match. Referred me to another shop further away. I guess I will try that and then give up. I really wish the manufacturer had stamped their name on the faucet. Does anybody have any idea who might have made this...
  3. Jumpyg

WV Hillbilly, you were correct. That was an easy fix, thanks! Unfortunately, I still have the leak on the cold water side. Thanks to everybody else for the feedback. I will have to run to the plumbing supply this weekend to see if they have replacement cartridges. Any idea how much a cartridge...
  4. Jumpyg

Well, now I've done it! I took out the seats to check them out and they were fine. So, I put the seats back in, replaced the O-rings on the stem (the clear rings on the bottom were not washers after all), and put the whole thing back together. After turning on the supply valves and turning on...
  5. Jumpyg

Thanks, I got that part off and managed to remove the stems from both handles. These are compression faucets with removable seats. The seats don't look like they're in bad shape at all (although I don't have a seat wrench, so I can't verify that now). The stems have a black o-ring in the middle...
  6. Jumpyg

Thanks for the quick reply. I've never heard the term "execution" with regards to a faucet, though. Are you talking about the part under the handle or under the faucet (where the water comes out)?
  7. Jumpyg

Hi, I have a leaky faucet that I guess probably needs a new cartridge or seat washer or whatever this faucet uses. However, I can't get to the "guts" of the faucet handle. When I take a handle off, there is no hex fastener that my plumbing book shows should be there. Do I need a "handle puller"...
  8. Jumpyg

Water-powered sump pumps

Hi, I recently had three different plumbers out to get estimates on having a water-powered backup sump pump installed. The problem is, each guy recommends and installs a different product! Each plumber says what they install is the best, so it's rather confusing. I was hoping you pros could give...
  9. Jumpyg

Rocking toilet

Thanks, Terry, I will reset it just to be sure. This isn't the Cadet, by the way. I did shim that one when I installed it and it's great. The rocker was a cheapie Kohler Devonshire that was here when I bought the house. I will probably end up replacing it in the future.
  10. Jumpyg

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

You don't need the pressure-assisted one. I have a regular Cadet 3 and it really flushes well.
  11. Jumpyg

Rocking toilet

Hi, I had a toilet that would rock forward sometimes when I sat down on it. I loosened up the nuts and shimmed it in two spots in the back. Then I tightened up the nuts and all is well. I'm a little paranoid that the rocking may have compromised the wax seal. I don't have any leaking or...
  12. Jumpyg

Testy whirlpool bath switch

Hi, I've got a Kohler whirlpool bath model K-1157-CN that is about nine years old. I just moved into the house three months ago. This bath has a GFCI receptacle protecting it, and it starts via an air-actuated switch. Since we moved in, the switch has been "sticky" and doesn't work most of the...
  13. Jumpyg

Well, I returned the tank and got the last one Lowes had, and the lever is on the left side. My wife says I'm too much of a perfectionist. :D By the way, the chain doesn't even come close to the fill valve with the lever on the left side. I don't think that will be a problem at all. I'm very...
  14. Jumpyg

You may be right. It does say "Cadet Flush Right" on a sticker underneath another sticker on the box. Odd that they don't make it more obvious. Grading the best toilets, the ones that work!
  15. Jumpyg

Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Water Ridge dual flush from Costco Hi, I recently saw a "Water Ridge" dual flush toilet from Costco selling for $200. Everything comes in one box, including wax ring and seat. Does anybody know who manufactures this toilet? Is it any good? Seems like a great price for a dual-flush, but I'm not...
  16. Jumpyg

Toothbrush lost down sink drain

Hi, I'm staying at my mother-in-law's house. My wife was helping my young son brush his teeth when he threw the toothbrush down the sink drain! I have no idea why the stopper wasn't in place, but it's too late for that now. :eek: I'm wondering if someone knows of a tool that can fish it out...
  17. Jumpyg

Installing CPVC tee to drain humidifier

Thanks for the response, hj. So it sounds like I'm creating a potential problem if I do this. I was only going to do it for appearances anyway, so I don't think it's a good idea now. About the trap for the A/C drain: Can you provide a picture or more detail of what that would entail? I've...
  18. Jumpyg

Installing CPVC tee to drain humidifier

Hi, I'm wondering if this is a good idea or not. I have a humidifier that has an overflow drain. I just ran clear flexible tubing from the drain to my utility sink. As you can see, the furnace has a drain line made of 3/4" CPVC. I was thinking I could tie the humidifier drain into the CPVC line...
  19. Jumpyg

Slow sink drain after replacement

That makes sense. I will take apart the trap tonight and snake the waste line.
  20. Jumpyg

Slow sink drain after replacement

I recently replaced my kitchen sink, faucet, and p-trap. I kept the old Insinkerator disposal since it was working fine. Now, my sink drains more slowly than before. Even with no food in the disposal, it doesn't drain fast enough to keep the sink empty when the faucet is on full strength. Before...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks