Search results

1. LKB

Replace compressor in Northland Freezer

What’s wrong with your “dead” units? My AC tech recently fixed my NM11B unit by replacing the evaporator and the heat exchanger/capillary tube (available from Marvel Refrigeration, the company that made Northland fridges before they discontinued the line). It took him about 2 hours to...
  2. LKB

Northland NM11B R-134a level?

Well, about 2 weeks later, it happened again, so obviously I had a leak. On Jay’s advice, I contacted the manufacturer (Marvel Refrigeration — they have discontinued the Northland line but still have parts) and ordered a replacement evaporator ($350; the tech I spoke with strongly suggested I...
  3. LKB

Obviously, I meant R-134a.
  4. LKB

Yup, it's a SubZero style large refrigerator / freezer, with "replaceable" refrigeration modules (NM11B) mounted on top (one for the freezer, a one for the fridge). Was wanting the fridge unit to hold temps in the low 30's, which it has done for years. And yes, Northland has indeed now...
  5. LKB

Greetings: I have a 13 year old Northland NM11B. A couple of years ago, it started being unable to cool below 45F. I have an excellent HVAC technician available (Jay Shook), and he quickly figured out it was just low on R-134a, so he cut the fill tube and sweated on a service port, added some...