Search results

1. N

Flow/pressure problems-Multi tank passive

Thanks SewerRatz, I'll upsize the CPVC to 1" and let ya know how it works out. I needed some small pipe for my rabbit watering system so all is not wasted. natec904
  2. N

Sorry,I didn't express myself correctly, I didn't mean the physical connection from 1" to 3/4", rather, does going from 1" to 3/4" at the threaded hub do any good or is upsizing to 1" a waste of material. ie: Since the hub is 3/4" then anything larger is useless?
  3. N

Thanks, I did several searches on this site and found what I believe is the answer to my problem (or at least one answer) and that is the sizing and length. Rather than using 1/2" cpvc I should have upsized to 1" and all the changes in direction within the solar added to the increased length...
  4. N

Hi all, firstly I am a master electrician not a plumber. Electrical theory I am good with but have absolutely no training or technical knowledge of plumbing systems. I designed and built a three tank solar collector which I installed in series with my existing electric heater. My theory is that...
  5. N

Hi all, firstly I am a master electrician not a plumber. Electrical theory I am good with but have absolutely no training or technical knowledge of plumbing systems. I designed and built a three tank solar collector which I installed in series with my existing electric heater. My theory is that...
  6. N

Off-grade Home / Enclosing Under Space

Thanks for the responses guys.What Randyj siad about a vapor barrier I believe is true.The first study did say that a barrier had to installed(plastic glued at the seams and held down by sand or concrete or concrete slab). To the 68 deg. issue.Here in Florida I have long been told (I haven't...
  7. N

David,to coin a British phrase,you are "spot on" when you say "if you need it.I've just been doing more research and found some studies by the DOE (Department of Energy) and EERE ( Energy Efficientcy and Renwable Energy) I found one article that bsically said that in the past vents were code...
  8. N

I had considered the humidity issue.Like Cass I too have worked in many crawl spaces with and without vents and have found two conditions common to most; a)During the summer they are cooler by far than the ambient temp.and b) They are usually powder dry. David mentioned managed ventilation.I...
  9. N

I am considering enclosing,with styrofoam/polystyrene board,the under space(from the bottom of the home to the earth, approx 36") in an attempt to trap in the earth temp. and thereby create a passive radiant heat source (the earth) based on the premise that the earth is a nearly constant 68 deg...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks