Search results

1. Americanbobstandard

1950s american standard toilet flush valve

that is exactly what I used except for the horrible adjustable flapper. I could not adjust it correctly for the right flush. I used the seat and bought the fluid master non adjustable flapper and I believe it is fine for now. The water level is staying good for around 48 hours and flushing...
  2. Americanbobstandard

I only saved the bottom brass piece that is attached to the toilet. Thank you.
  3. Americanbobstandard

I appreciate the link to the video. My main concern is removing the old brass flush valve seat. I don't want to break the porcelain. I may have fixed the problem with the cheap universal parts but I know that will not be a long term fix. Thank you
  4. Americanbobstandard

Just to make sure. Which model do I have? A couple of them look similar. I just want to make sure I get the right parts. Thank you
  5. Americanbobstandard

47086-0700A. . This is the kit I am looking at. Is this correct...
  6. Americanbobstandard

I would like to replace the flush valve and seat. The seat base is made of brass. I only have the base but would like to replace with original and not those cheap universal kits. Even thought I am using a universal one know. I think the original seal underneath might have a slow leak. The...
  7. Americanbobstandard

Toilet Tank Ball 101

I wound up using some light sandpaper and I sanded down the brass seat a little bit and it seemed to help a bunch. I was wonder if the cheaper tank ball style was any better than the style that had the pointy end. Thank you for response
  8. Americanbobstandard

Toilet Tank Ball 101

Hello Everyone, I have an older American standard toilet and I use this style tank ball and it does not seal all the way. Which tank ball should I use? Thank you, Bob
  9. Americanbobstandard

Was is your favorite Bathtub Shower Caulk?

I figured no one on this site likes Caulking. But if and when you do what do you use, I know I have posted for help on this site and people have helped me and I appreciate that, I am going to caulk my tub and have used latex products and they are garbage. I hope to get a bunch of you...
  10. Americanbobstandard

Was is your favorite Bathtub Shower Caulk?

What is your favorite Caulk to work with?
  11. Americanbobstandard

Is there a shower head that won't drip

John, I replaced the pieces involved with the inside and it still has a very small drip already. I can get the drip be very slight the more pressure I put on the handle. It is not a stream of water it is a slight drip. I am not sure if the american standard R1400 has any adjustments on the...
  12. Americanbobstandard

Is there a shower head that won't drip

I have a American Standard R1400 Shower Valve. I have rebuilt this a couple of times. This time I am still having a small drip come through my shower head. I do not want to take it apart at this time because I struggled to put it together last time because of a gasket issue. I know they sell...
  13. Americanbobstandard

Part number for my bathroom faucet handles

Marlinman you have been a big help. Thank you, Bob
  14. Americanbobstandard

Part number for my bathroom faucet handles

Hello, I need to find out the correct part numbers for my hot and cold handles for my vintage 1959? American Standard Bathroom Faucet. I see so many handles that look like mine so I want to get the correct ones. My cold water handle sits higher than the hot water. Not sure if someone bought the...
  15. Americanbobstandard

American Standard R1400, New Member needs help finding a handle

Thanks a bunch Marlinman, I really appreciate your help
  16. Americanbobstandard

This looks like my handle but I don't think the part number is right. The bad news is the website says they don't have it. Please Check it out. https://www.faucetshark.com/American-Standard-1192-2200-p/amstd-1192-2200.htm . Thanks, Bob
  17. Americanbobstandard

I have a picture of my diverter. Hopefully someone on this site can help me find the handle or at least the part number for the handle and maybe I can find it, Thank you, Bob
  18. Americanbobstandard

Hello Everyone, I just rebuilt my vintage american standard shower diverter and my handle is stripped out. I don't have a picture of the diverter right now but I can tomorrow. My house was built in 1959. I believe the handle is for a 26 spline broch mixing stem. I used this kit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks