Search results

1. jhighley

Solder threaded copper?

The problem is that I have to install the male thread adapter into the valve body, and then solder a street elbow to the adapter. There's not much wiggle room with the pipes. So, I end up heating the valve body a lot, regardless. This is the second valve that's been installed. The original...
  2. jhighley

Solder threaded copper?

Sorry, that was kinda long. Too sum up my question: Can I solder the threaded joint on a tub/shower faucet instead of using teflon tape or pipe dope? Thanks, Josh
  3. jhighley

Can I use solder instead of tape or dope?

Can I solder the threaded joint on a tub/shower faucet instead of using teflon tape or pipe dope? Thanks, Josh
  4. jhighley

Solder threaded copper?

Can a threaded copper joint be soldered instead of using teflon tape/creams/etc. ? I have Moen tub/shower valve that suddenly seemed to get plugged on the hot water side. I remove the valve core and didn't see any issues. With the core removed, I turned on the hot water and nothing flowed into...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks