Search results

1. WatFallet

Kohler DTV Thermostatic Valve Systems

Thanks, Randall. Do you mind sharing where you bought them? If the whole package of both valves and all the controllers cost you $1700-1800 then you got a good deal. I've found the 3-port valve (K-557) alone to be $950, each controller (K-558) is $270, and then you have to buy a $50 mounting...
  2. WatFallet

Good toilet that is shortest front-to-back?

I'm renovating a bathroom that is just 5 ft wide. The current toilet is about 26" front-to-back. It's of course a round bowl. When I replace it, I'd rather not impinge on access to the shower, so I'm looking for a toilet that is short front-to-back. Keeping it at 26.5" or less would be great...
  3. WatFallet

Kohler DTV Thermostatic Valve Systems

Randall, Can you give an update? I'm considering installing a Kohler DTV Prompt (model K-557), which is the model that has three outlets (supports 3 fixtures). There are some good reviews on a popular retail website for a different model (K-527), which as 2 outlets. But I would have expected...
  4. WatFallet

Leaky fill valve on Toto Drake I just installed

Response from Toto It doesn't drip continuously (well, it did once, but hasn't since). It just drips during tank refill. Apparently if it drips continuously then there's a problem. I called Toto Customer Service about it. They said dripping from the top of the fill valve is normal; that it...
  5. WatFallet

Just my luck... Of the two Drakes I installed, the one that I put in a tight space has the problem; the other one is fine. I won't be able to do any of the checks you guys suggested without detaching the tank from the bowl. The counter top of the vanity runs over the top of my toilet tank, and...
  6. WatFallet

I just installed a Toto Drake, and I noticed that water leaks from the fill valve when the tank refills after a flush. The water is leaking from some place(s) underneath blue top part of the fill valve. It's hard to see exactly where it's leaking from because the toilet is backed into a tight...
  7. WatFallet

Toto Drake tank wobble

My dad and I installed a Toto Drake. He's much more of a plumber (and overall DIY'er) than I am. Most of the installation went well, but the tank wobbles in the front/back direction. The instructions say to make sure the tank makes three points of contact with the bowl: front left, front...
  8. WatFallet

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Rebuttal Wow, a toilet chaser! Can I second the motion? I hope this case holds up in court. I wouldn't want any leaky arguments. (har har) [This was all in good humor. I hope nobody takes offense. If you think these jokes are off-color or foul-smelling, I promise to flush them off...
  9. WatFallet

Is my Toto Drake defective?

Terry? Thanks Leo. Terry, what's your take on this notch? I know you've installed lots of Drakes. I'm surprised there's no mention of it on their spec sheet: http://www.totousa.com/admin/upload/pdfspc/s-cst744s-0203.pdf edit: Ok, I see the notch depicted on the instructions that came with the...
  10. WatFallet

Is my Toto Drake defective?

I bought a Toto Drake online. The tank has a notch in it along the top (where the lid sits). In other words, if you ran a finger along the top of the tank with the lid off, just before you reached the right back corner (if you were facing the toilet with the bowl at your knees) your finger would...
  11. WatFallet

CEFIONTECT /CeFiONtect , a customer poll and reviews

Not using powdered cleaners I'm interested in a reply to the post above, as I'm deciding whether to get my Toto Drake with or without Sanigloss. I imagine even without Sanigloss the powder cleaners like Comet might be too harsh?
  12. WatFallet

Which toilets to buy given my requirements?

Rough-in? What is a rough-in? I noticed there are different sizes, and the Drake has a 12" rough-in. What are the implications of this? Do I need to measure something in my house before I buy a Drake to make sure it accepts a 12" rough in? Thanks for bearing with these questions.
  13. WatFallet

Follow-up question If I wanted to put in the Drake in the half bath (toilet 1), would I be able to given the vertical space constraint? Thanks very much for your help.
  14. WatFallet

Hi everyone, I will be replacing two older 3.5gpf toilets in my home. I'm pretty sold on Toto, from what I've read here and elsewhere. I'd like some guidance on which model(s) to buy based on the following: Toilet 1 (half-bath) * The vanity countertop extends over the tank of the current...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks