Search results

1. nbahm

3/4 supply.....1/2 section.....3/4 run....

Now it's 3/4 ALL THE WAY! I finally bit the bullet this weekend. I heated up the old tee and took it out, no problem. Somehow I was able to get enough indirect heat on the new copper fitting (from the extremely small access point I had to work with) to melt some solder (I made sure I used about...
  2. nbahm

I have two fifties in series for my hot water. I think I will try to change this small section of pipe, just to be safe. I will try to get to the tee in the wall without disturbing the adjacent bath. I will heat up the existing tee and pull it off the 3/4 supply. I can then either try to...
  3. nbahm

Did I mention the shower will be running 7.5 GPM (three heads)? Any change in opinion?
  4. nbahm

So, it'll work relatively the same, but.....it'll be loud as all get out, huh? If I put split foam insulation around the 1/2" part and pack the stud cavity with fiberglass will the velocity noise still be noticable?
  5. nbahm

Okay heres the setup: 3/4 supply......~1 ft. of 1/2".......~15 ft. of 3/4"........tee 1/2" to thermo. shower valve and 1/2" to tub filler. This is just the hot, the cold supply comes further into the room so no issue there. Oh, BTW, don't think it matters but where the supply reduces...
  6. nbahm

~50 psi muni. hope to, but don't need to....
  7. nbahm

I realize, technically, the volume will suffer......but how much? Will I notice? Anyone ever had to do this for whatever reason? Results? I'm thinking it will increase pressure and slightly decrease volume. Correct? I'm not scared of formulas, if ya gottem'! Thanks! Nate
  8. nbahm

Hello all! Just a quickie. I thought I saw this answer before somewhere, but now I can't seem to find it again. My question is one of fluid dynamics: I have a 1/2" (copper) supply coming into my bathroom that changed from 3/4", inside the wall about 4". Impossible to reach without...
  9. nbahm

custom shower with PEX?

Wow! that didn't turn out like I thought! And all that precious time I took:D oh well....pretty standard set-up: 3/4 supply, tee 1/2 to thermo, 1/2 to diverter, 1/2 to all stubs... let me know if you need a pic. I broke my right thumb yesterday and this typing stuff is starting to...
  10. nbahm

custom shower with PEX?

Do you think that the smaller i.d. of PEX will have have a direct effect on the pressure or flow I get from any given head? (1/2" PEX vs. 1/2" copper). Here is a crude sketch. No more than 2 fixtures will be running at one time. (yes, I have enough hot water). Thanks again...
  11. nbahm

custom shower with PEX?

Thanks for the prompt reply Racer! I have to use two exterior walls for this shower and just for my own piece of mind (of course I will insulate excessively) I would like the added freeze protection of PEX. Or is this benefit more negligible than I've been led to believe? Or will the valve...
  12. nbahm

custom shower with PEX?

Anyone ever plumb a custom shower (thermostatic, diverter, shower head, body sprays, hand-held) with PEX? Pros? Cons? If you have, how did you stub out the body spray heads in the balancing loop? I can't seem to find a drop ear with a double inlet. Thanks in advance for your help...
  13. nbahm

What is your favorite faucet?

What about Danze? I have a whole house full of Danze fixtures with no problems...yet. (knock, knock....ouch;) ) They seem to be well built (all brass, no plastic, ceramic valves, etc.) Just curious why they were left off the list.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks