Search results

1. J

dirty water

sorry. been out of town, Gary. It' a submersible, steel casing, and that's all I know about the well . I replaced the pressure tank, and cleaned out all the aerators, which wer full of trash, and the water appears to be nice and clean and plenty of pressure now. I got trash and rust out of...
  2. J

A.O. Smith pressure tank

yup. cleaned all the aeraotors, lots of crud, but now everything seems to work fine. How bad was my choice of tanks? I'll be replacing in a couple of years? and what about a filter? the water is nice and clean now, but who knows later.
  3. J

A.O. Smith pressure tank

Thanks guys, I have replaced the tank. I put in a State tank. Maybe just as bad, but I didn't have much choice at the time. The water that came out of the old tank was pretty nasty. Rusty and / or dirty. I had discolored water before, but it's clear now. I have a question, tho , When I...
  4. J

dirty water

good point. it usually happens after a rainstorm, but lately it's been dry dry dry.
  5. J

A.O. Smith pressure tank

Anybody know if A.O.Smith still makes pressure tanks? I'm just wondering if this tank is so old, I should be replacing it. It is a modelV140, and I can't see anywhere on ther what size it is. I have pressure fluctuations in the house, and have replaced the switch and gauge. I also drained all...
  6. J

dirty water

i thought about a filter, but i'm wondering why it only happens every so often, not all the time. it's almost a rust color, but i have plastic pipes from the well.
  7. J

dirty water

I have a well, submersible pump, pressure tank, etc. and recently, we have been getting brownish water . It has cleared up in the past, but every now and again ( like tonite), it reocurres. any suggestions?
  8. J

Pressure tank " relief valve?"

thank you gary, I know just what you mean now. i'm off to make a mess
  9. J

thanks guys. the pressure should be 2 lbs less than the cut on pressure? and what's a schrader valve?
  10. J

I have a submersible pump system with a pressure tank setup. It is inside a septic tank type concrete box outside ( buried). I had the pressure switch replaced about a year ago, and the pressure was fine for awhile. It has slowly gotten worse. I climbed down in there today to see what the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks