Search results

1. B

galvanized vs. poly well pipe?

I am about to have replaced a deep well submersible 2 HP pump. I don't know the exact depth, but given HP rating, probably 300 feet plus. Current pipe is probably galavanized. Since they have to pull it anyway, I am going to replace the pipe. What are the pros and cons of galvanized vs poly? I...
  2. B

Pump will not reach high enough pressure

Thanks. What are the pros and cons of galvanized vs. poly? The pump guy says they would recommend galvanized, but I haven't had a chance to ask them why yet. I want to get the 'right' one, it is not a cost issue, since the big $$ will be the labor, not the parts.
  3. B

Bob: Thanks for the gould link. I went back and retested the current draw; the yellow wire was in fact 13, my bad. Pump guys came today. They pulled the cap and there was water on the top of the pipe (no pitless adapter), indicating that the pipe is good, at least down to the next...
  4. B

current draw Bob: Thanks very much for your reply. Check valve: There is no check valve near the tank. However, I'm pretty sure there is one at the top of the wellhead. I measured amps, here is what I got: Amp draw on line going in to box: 10.5 Measuring individual pump side...
  5. B

Pump will not reach high enough pressure I have a deep well submersible 2 HP pump with a bladder type pressure tank, 30-50 psi switch. Switch, tank, etc are all in warm crawlspace. I don't know the exact depth of the well, but at least three hundred feet. This system has worked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks