Search results

1. D

Well Pump and Pressure Tank

Thanks for the advice. I emptied the tank completely of air & water (there's a drain spigot attached to the bottom of the pressure tank and I attached a hose, opened the spigot, allowed it to drain until it was spitting air and air pressure guage went to zero, then removed the schraeder valve...
  2. D

Well Pump and Pressure Tank

Your site helped me repair my old well pump & pressure tank back in 2007 (very large tank is bladderless and had become swamped over time; pump is Sears 1/2 hp 20/40). I drained the tank, added a pressure valve and schraeder valve, then pressurized the tank to about 27lbs (the pressure switch...
  3. D

Sears Well Pump

Thanks to all who have contributed comments and helped me resolve this issue. I certainly could not have done it without all your help and patience. This is a site I have already bookmarked as one of my favorites...nay, essentials...and I will pass it on to all my friends who are homeowners...
  4. D

Sears Well Pump

Bob, Well, today was one of adventure. I fixed the pressure tank issue. You all were right, the tank was totally waterlogged. First, I unplugged the pump and opened the nearest spigot to drain all the pressure in the system...I also turned off the valves leading to my water...
  5. D

Sears Well Pump

Thanks again Bob. Any words on my previous START and STOP settings on the pressure switch based upon my tank size, pump size, and a desire for continuous high pressure when using water in my house? Also, the pressure switch has two spring-loaded adjustment screws, a long one and a small...
  6. D

Sears Well Pump

OK. Thank-you for all the kind comments regarding my level of detail in the description. Guess that can be partly attributed to my being a computer engineer, but mostly because I felt I could not get the best help if I couldn't accurately describe the equipment to the experts...especially...
  7. D

Sears Well Pump

OK. I thought I'd go out and try to determine exactly how full the tank is before I went any further. The pump was off and the pressure guage on the tank read 55 lbs. I then took a small hammer and completed a tap test up the sides of the tank (on several sides) to see if I could tell...
  8. D

Sears Well Pump

How do I make sure the tank is one without a bladder? What's the best way to release the pressure from the tank once I have unplugged the pump? Is it simply a matter of then opening the closest faucet on the house side of the tank (there's an outside spigot less than 5 feet away on the house...
  9. D

Sears Well Pump

Bob, Thanks for the reply. I went out and looked at the pressure tank. It seems to be very old. I believe the tank is much older than the pump (just looks much older and is very large). It is very large (20" dia x 33" tall) and is unpainted galvanized. The tank actually sits next to...
  10. D

Sears Well Pump

I just bought a small ranch in Chesapeake VA. I have two shallow wells on the ranch that provide all my water. One of the wells supplies my house. It has a large pressure tank and a Sears Model well pump. The pump says Pressure 20/40, Model 390 25150, Code E82B. There is a small metal box...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks