Search results

1. Jkeyler

Problem with Tilt Valve not sealing and allowing continuous leakage

John, Unfortunately, my assembly items look nothing like the example you listed. Sears part number for the tilt valve is TB-283, however, wehen I went to the Sears Parts Direct website, the item showed up as no longer available and manufacturer did not provide an alternate number. I don't know...
  2. Jkeyler

The fill valve is open enough to keep the tank at the proper level and the fill the tilt valve and continues to run at a slow rate. If I turn the water supply off, then the tank slowly drains out into the bowl until the tank is empty, which I would think is the result of leakage of flapper...
  3. Jkeyler

Thanks gary for your suggestion, however, we chose to keep this unit if at all possible since it fits in with our trim very well. Jim
  4. Jkeyler

I have a one piece toilet that I purchased at Sears about 1975 (probably a Rumble brand) and I have just intalled a new Ball cock Assy and Tilt valve (which I purchased through Sears Parts Center). I replaced the previous items since the water was running contiunously as the tilt valve...
  5. Jkeyler

Sears one piece, low profile toilet paarts

Actually, the lid only had the model number 738 stamped on it. There are some numbers stamped in the ceramic inside the tank, however, are not readable. If you go to the Sears parts list for the last number I cited (738.49425) you will see the drawing of the toilet that I have. It definitely...
  6. Jkeyler

Thanks for your replies, however, I found the original owners manual and it lists the P/N as 738-49425. I went to the Sears parts list via internet and located and ordered the parts. Big surprise, the total cost for the replacement parts came to $141 (including shipping). Lancaster, the toilet...
  7. Jkeyler

I have a Sears one piece low profile toilet that we installed in 1975. The original ball cock items were brass, however, when that was replaced some years later, only plastic items were available. Now we need to replace those, and the items I get from Sears parts are not the right items. I don't...
  8. Jkeyler

Problem with old shower faucett/parts

Parts Thanks to all who have contributed to my concern. I've been snowed in and have to gotten to HD yet to get parts. Thanks to all.
  9. Jkeyler

Lancaster, Thanks for the information regarding the manufacturer. That is just what I was interested in. To go a little farther regarding the repair parts I received from Sears, it seems that the holes in the plastic item that mates with the rubber seals is larger than necessary, and the edges...
  10. Jkeyler

I understand what you are saying, however, a previous repair kit I ordered from sear was incorrect in that it was keyed differently and required the knob to be installed upside down. The repair kit I have installed now is from Sears. At any rate, the model number of the Sears Single Control...
  11. Jkeyler

Background: About 25 years ago, we updated our bathroom and installed a Sears Single Control Tub and Shower Valve. In recent years, in obtaining replacement rebuild kits from Sears and installing the parts, the shower would almost immediately start leaking through the spout and would gradually...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks