Search results

1. Mliu

Capping angle stops temporarily without damaging them?

The angle stop itself should shut off all water with no leaks. If the angle stop is leaking, then it needs to be replaced. Most contractors install the cheapest possible valves and fixtures because they only have to work long enough for the house to sell. I would never install anything less...
  2. Mliu

Need an adapter to attach a laminar outlet to a mop sink faucet

Thanks Wayne. If I can't find a single-piece adapter (which I suspect doesn't exist), then I'll go with your recommendation.
  3. Mliu

Braided dishwasher drain line

I doubt you will find any drain hose that is covered with stainless braid. And nylon braid certainly won't stop a rodent. But you can buy stainless braid hose covers. Here's one for automobile radiator hoses (1-1/2" to 2" diameter) that should be large enough to fit over the boot on the end of a...
  4. Mliu

Need an adapter to attach a laminar outlet to a mop sink faucet

I have a mop sink faucet and would like to attach this Kohler High-Flow Laminar Outlet: This outlet is like an aerator in that it "smooths" the water flow from the faucet outlet, thus reducing splashes, but it doesn't add air to the water stream. Because it doesn't have the restrictive...
  5. Mliu

Fisher Model 1400, Searching for 3/8 COMP x 3/8 FIP faucet supply hose (24" long)

Technically, I could. But there are some issues: 1. My Ridgid 11-R pipe threading set does not include a 3/8" NPT die. So that means it'll cost me ~$120 to buy that die. 2. It will be virtually impossible for me to clamp the riser for threading without damaging the chrome plating. 3. Why do I...
  6. Mliu

Fisher Model 1400, Searching for 3/8 COMP x 3/8 FIP faucet supply hose (24" long)

Here is a good illustration of what happens when you try to thread a nipple with male NPS threads into a fitting with female NPT threads: https://www.pbase.com/image/91533235 With tapered threads, as you tighten the joint, ALL the male threads within the fitting compress circumferentially...
  7. Mliu

For the record, I purchased a lot of Fisher products for this restaurant thinking that Fisher was a top-level supplier of commercial plumbing equipment for the foodservice industry. I've discovered that their documentation is terrible and now I've learned that their customer service is even...
  8. Mliu

That was one of my earlier ideas. The problem is that the 3/8 NPS threads of the riser inlet won't make a watertight seal with the 3/8 NPT threads in the bushing.
  9. Mliu

I'm on the phone with a Fisher customer service rep now. I asked to speak to a technical rep, but it seems she wants to field my question herself, even though she doesn't appear to understand pipe threads. :sigh:
  10. Mliu

I agree that they are drawn that way in the manual. But they are definitely straight threads. They measure 81/128" across the thread crests at the bottom and 81/128" across the thread crests at the top. And the locknut has the same fit when threaded on the riser from bottom to top. I suppose...
  11. Mliu

I've measured it with calipers to confirm that it is 3/8" MIP. I've also compared it against a known 1/2" NPT nipple.
  12. Mliu

I believe those companies manufacture hoses for industrial & vehicular purposes. I don't know if any can make NSF-certified supply hoses for potable water supplies. And really, I shouldn't have to go with a custom-made hose. This Fisher water station can't be the only product on the market with...
  13. Mliu

It is a Fisher Model 1400 Water Station. And the spec sheet does indeed state that it has a 3/8" NPT MALE INLET. But that's a typo. I'm holding the part in my hand and the threads are certainly 3/8" NPS. In fact, looking at the drawing on the spec sheet, it cannot possibly be NPT. If it were...
  14. Mliu

Technically, FIP means "Female Iron Pipe" which means it has either NPT or NPS threads. When FIP is used in conjunction with a supply hose, it generally means it is a female threaded connection with a washer that will mate to a male NPS fixture inlet. So FIP COMP makes no sense. Since the...
  15. Mliu

It seems that most faucet supply hoses end in 1/2 FIP but I need 3/8 FIP for a Fisher Water Station (the inlet is 3/8 male NPS). The hoses I've found by searching online are only 20" long (max) and I'm not even sure if they're correct because they are labeled "3/8 FIP COMP X 3/8 FIP COMP"...
  16. Mliu

Pipe dope on main water lines?

No. Simply turn on the faucet after you reassemble and the dust will get washed out. Debris won't travel upstream (against the flow of water) so it won't migrate to other parts of the house. Even if it did and you were to ingest a little, it won't hurt you.
  17. Mliu

Uponor hePEX Leaking at Fitting

Do you know there were deposits inside the pipe or are you guessing that might be the problem? Why didn't you have the carpenter pay a professional to make the repair?
  18. Mliu

Trap Primer Question

Just be sure to use RV antifreeze, not engine (automobile) antifreeze. RV antifreeze is used for winterizing potable water lines in RVs and is non-toxic (in fact, it's food grade).
  19. Mliu

Pipe dope on main water lines?

What is the ID, OD, and thickness you're searching for?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks