Search results

1. S

Toilet Water Shut Off Valve

A Big Win today ! Hi Folks, Well, I was a big boy today – I changed out the 40 year old valve for a new ¼ Turn Ball Valve ! Since the threads were still good on the galvanized nipple, I bought the screw-on kind. It was extremely hard to get the old valve off, seemed like it was cemented...
  2. S

Ted L... When I said "the pipe was starting to turn" I meant it moved a millimeter, if that much - I was watching it very closely - it seemed to be more of a "flex" than actually turning. So I don't think I broke the galvanized pipe connection behind the wall. The good think is that we...
  3. S

If it ain't broke Plumber1... thanks for "piping in" Slap a washer on it and go on with life ... if I had the tools and expertise, I would replace it - but everything seems pretty "solid" - except the packing nut washer... Ace - here I come ! ST in NC
  4. S

40 Year Old Valve Hi Folks, Thanks for the comments. ** The water pipe to the wall is galvanized pipe (I think - it has been painted over many times) ** There is 3-4 inches sticking out of the wall ** What should I do ? Use a hack saw if it is galvanized and buy one of those copper...
  5. S

Greetings, After shutting off the water to the Toilet to fix something, the shutoff valve now leaks. I tried to tighten the packing nut - no luck - the pipe was starting to turn and I didn't want to break the pipe behind the wall. So... I unscrewed the packing nut and went shopping for a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks