Search results

1. Hotfloor

Got a hot kitchen floor!!

Checked the main water meter... I turned off all faucets and made sure that no one was runnig any water. The triangle there was slowly turning. If I turn off the valve on the top of the water heater, it no longer spins at all. I am assuminfg this means hot water leak. I have a plumber coming in...
  2. Hotfloor

thank you for al of the advise. House was built in 1974 I do not have time to test the water today as I have to get to work.. When you are referring to the stop oin the water heater, is that the one on the top cold water line? or the main water flow towards the middle of the tank?? Computers...
  3. Hotfloor

I agree It is indeed stemming from that spot. reads 108F on the laser guage. :( I am contacting the insurance company tommorow morning. It appears there are a total of 6 tiles that are over 95F so it is slowly spreading the heat around. all other tiles read 78 or lower. Radiant flooring...
  4. Hotfloor

That could be an option... But that is assuming that they patch in at another location?? I do not want my entire house replumbed as I can not afford that. I am under the impression that the line runs through out the house under the slab.. bathrooms, kitchen wet bar??? How do you reconnect all...
  5. Hotfloor

Thank you.. That is just what I was getting at. I have a friend that is willing to pour and finish the slab for me (For computer support), and I am willing to demo for the plumber. That way I will only pay for him to fix the leak. I will get someone out there in the morning to take a look and...
  6. Hotfloor

Tell me how to protect my computer

Try ewido to scan... www.ewido.net This app is light wieght while running, buit deep cleaning. This is what you will want to run since your system is lagging resourses. I also suggest hijackthis. It will create a log file that you can post that will assist us in getting to the bottom of...
  7. Hotfloor

What's a good free program to design a CD Insert?

Deep burner is good as well. It gives you the ability to have a splash screen come up if the CD is inserted into a PC so you can customize the look of the outside and inside of your CD. Great for track lists that you can click on to play or multiple power point presentations...
  8. Hotfloor

Dual head video cards?

Depends on what you want it to do.. You have the option of running two cards for two monitors (one AGP and one PCI or both PCI or both AGP) or using a dual monitor card. Issues you will encounter will single dual monitor card... Memory will be divided between the monitors so heavy apps may...
  9. Hotfloor

SO self demo is not a good idea? Appears that the majority agree that self demo is not really a viable option. SO much for saving some cash on this repair. I will be checking the meter tonight when I get off of work.
  10. Hotfloor

I will be borrowing a laser temp gauge.. Not sure if this is the tool needed to isolate the issue, but it sounds like a point and shoot device. I am hoping this will allow me to find the center of the leak. Once I find the center, what is the radius of clearance needed to access and repair the...
  11. Hotfloor

Thank you for the info...
  12. Hotfloor

I wish.. If it was that easy, I would not stress!!
  13. Hotfloor

I just located this forum and thank you for being here. I searched but did not find this same issue... I discovered a 48" x 48" square of hot tile in the dining room the other day. It is roughly 3' from the wall and nearly directly in line with my hot water heater. I am thinking hot water line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks