Search results

1. J

Dishwasher drainhose to sewer pipe, bad idea?

Final thoughts and questions for anyone in this thread 1. First off, our drainhose does have the "high loop" before connecting to the disposal. Now, some amount of water siphons back into bottom of dw after running, but the appliance rep told me this is normal, helps keep the dw seal from...
  2. J

We don't have this loop in the drain hose at present. The hose simply connects from the dw straight to the hole in the disposal. What is the function of the loop? To prevent drain-water backing up to the DW due to the pump action? Does it help minimize odor coming from the disposal? I...
  3. J

I will make sure to run the washer and disposal every night this week, see if that helps curb the odor.
  4. J

You say "can not" and "must not". Is this a Code violation? Also, in this case, can you explain an indirect connection? Thank you.
  5. J

Our dishwasher smells, not uncommon. Our dishwasher drainhose connects straight to the garbage disposal. I don't think there is a "loop". But that is to prevent water backup I believe. We are thinking of connecting the drainhose directly to the sewer line in the basement. We would use PCV...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks