Search results

1. E

Sump pit fills and stops at a certain point

Thanks for the info. There is still a lot of room in the pit at the point where it stops filling up (about a half foot). And the pump seems to handle the water with out any problems when it rains and the pit fills up faster. I will try to raise it a few inches and see what happens. Thanks again.
  2. E

Yes, when it rains the water fills up more frequently, and reaches a higher point in the pit. If the water level is causing it to fill up all the time, would it be safe to raise the sump by placing it on a layer of bricks or a cinder block? The sump I have does not have an adjustable...
  3. E

Hello, Regardless of the weather, my sump pit always seems to fill to a certain spot (right above the drainage pipes) and stop. I have been in my place for about 7 years, and I have never had any water leaking problems in my basement. If I have my sump turned on, it will drain the water about...
  4. E

No hot or cold water

and the winner is... FROZINE PIPES! thanks for all the replies. i had someone come out with a pipe dethawer and that did the trick. now i just need to find where the draft is coming form and insulate. thanks again!
  5. E

No hot or cold water

Update: so i turned off the main and removed the compression fitting and then the stop valve for the cold water line. slowly turned on the main and still no water. i could look down the pipe and did not see any water, though all other sinks, toilets, and showers are working fine...
  6. E

No hot or cold water

Thanks for your suggestions. You think it could be frozen pipes even though both hot and cold water work in the same bathroom no more then 3 feet away from the sink (which doesn't work)? Thanks.
  7. E

No hot or cold water

Hello, This is a problem i am having in my upstairs bathroom sink. I had a Moen single knob chateau faucet that stopped working. It started where I could only get hot water (when i turned the knob to the left), and not any cold water (when I turned the knob to the right). I could see that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks