Search results

1. patrick2

Condensate issues

The sink/vanity is new, 2018 done by pros. It did look smaller than I was used to seeing but at the time we had countless remodel distractions. The attic though is 1970. My 1970's home had the condensate drain almost connected to the cast iron p-trap spliced into a bathroom sink vent's...
  2. patrick2

Condensate issues

Good idea - thank you for suggesting it. This is the overview:
  3. patrick2

Condensate issues

The cast iron pipe is the vent for the bathroom sink. I assume the T-fitting between the sink and the roof was part of the original build out. That t-fitting had a cast iron p-trap (very small) and the condensate dripped into it. It looked like a kluge to me but I was told it was code. The...
  4. patrick2

Condensate issues

I am leaning towards running a new condensate path as the cast iron vent has a lot of buildup and backs up easily - even after going it at it with a handheld power snake. I'd also like to stay within code. I thought the bathroom sink p-trap would be a good idea but can only find a dishwasher...
  5. patrick2

Harmsco

Also, cartridges come in 10 & 20 inch - do the larger sizes let me change less often?
  6. patrick2

Harmsco

I'm very thankful for your help. The taste and odor bother the whole family. The galvanized pipes are 30 years old. I'm not seeing rust stains yet, but I know it's coming. From prior experience, I know galvanized pipes sluff lime or calcium. In my opinion, the water is hard. Galvanized pipes...
  7. patrick2

Harmsco

Bob NH, does Harmsco make consumer (ie under the counter) water systems? I looked at their site. Looks like large systems only. I have typical city water - odor and taste problems. I also have galvanized pipes. Thanks
  8. patrick2

Whirlpool FilterSense

Does anyone know what mechanism these systems use? They are self cleaning, but I can't find much information.
  9. patrick2

Dechlorination Tank Questions

I’ve moved to a small city near Houston Texas and noticed a significant chlorine odor in the city water. It’s strong when using the shower and there are residuals on the skin afterwards. The chlorine really fowls up the flavor of coffee and iced tea. We plan to install a two stage, under...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks