Search results

1. Gail S

Sewer gas/wax ring failure

how 'bout another vent? Hi Lonnie, I don't know if you saw my post script to my last entry. In short, a builder friend of mine has suggested instead of a house trap I might be better served by putting in an additional vent, a much larger one than I have ( he feels its too small) and placing it...
  2. Gail S

Hi Paul, I just saw your posting. I have wondered if that could be part of the problem. I am trying to chase down any potential flaws in my system before I got to the sewer board with a complaint. Otherwise they could rightfuly say the problem is all mine.Thanks for the input, Gail
  3. Gail S

post script to my last entry I just got off the phone with a builder friend of my. After relating my plumbing problems, hecame up with another possible solution. I want to run this idea past the knowlegable folks of this forum. His suggestion is, instead of a house trap, which he felt would be...
  4. Gail S

who-da-thought-it! Thank You Lonnie what an idea! A house trap! I am imagining this as a very large p trap under the house. Do you think this would stop the smell from coming in? MY questions are. #1 If the other traps that are already in the house are being siphoned couldn't this be siphoned...
  5. Gail S

a curious thing in the night Hello Lonnie and All, In answer to your question the plumber checked under the house first, there is no leaking. I am not in a park but on my own land with a full concrete foundation and all pvc lines and conections underneath. I did how ever have a strange thing...
  6. Gail S

Hi Deb, Thanks for your reply. I answer to your questions. When the plumbers were here the smell was barely noticible, not the full on stink-a-thon that it can become. Yesterday the squiddle fumes were so bad even the dog couldn't stand it. I took your sugestion to heart about possibly a...
  7. Gail S

so many questions Hello Jim, thank you for your reply. The question of sewer line volume has been playing in my mind too. I live at the bottom of a long steep hill and am the last house on the line before it goes into the treatment plant. All of these issues are new to me and I don't really...
  8. Gail S

in answer to the points you raised Thank you, Deb the pipe wench, for responding to my questions. I will look into having the Fluidmaster wasless gasket installed as well as having a smoke test. I sometimes work out of my home which is why I was able to note the times of day of the occurances...
  9. Gail S

what to do next....sewer gas/wax ring failure HI all, I am a new user to this (or any )forum so please excuse and gently correct any social gafs I make. I have a mobile home (a '94) that has within the last few months been plagued with sewer gas. It seems to be episodic, worse on weekends...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks