Search results

1. gplumb

A/C Condenser Anti-vibration Isolation Pads

The cork isolation pads under my A/C condenser unit have disintegrated. I am looking for a replacement. The DiversiTech MP-3E (3" X 3" X 7/8") looks good since it doesn't have a cork core. PexSupply sells 4 for 3.96 but the shipping is 11.61. Any suggestions for another pad suitable for outdoor...
  2. gplumb

Any opinion on Goodman heat pumps?

A contractor has proposed Goodman 2 ton and 4 ton 16 SEER SSZ16 heat pumps for a friends house. I know the question of how good the Goodman units are has been asked before: they are low end units, the thickness of the sheet metal may not be as great as the better known brand unit, but the parts...
  3. gplumb

How to increase flush on Kohler Class Five Toilet?

My Kohler Highline Class Five 1.6 gal toilet (K-3611) flushes with approximately 1 gal of water when the lever is pressed and released immediately. This leaves 1 gal of water in the tank so you can flush a second time or hold down the lever on the first flush to get more "flush". These are...
  4. gplumb

How best to dehumidify basement?

In finishing my basement I am planning to install a heat pump. My dealer proposes a Trane 1.5 ton heat pump with a variable speed air handler that would enhance dehumidification also. The system would use a Trane Comfort Control thermostat that also senses humidity and has dehumidification...
  5. gplumb

Tub Floor Waste Drain/Overflow Pipe Position?

I am installing a Manchester Tub/Shower C024-0916 (http://www.cctubs.com/Products/Manchester.pdf) made by Carolina Classic Manufacturing, Inc. on a pre-plumbed concrete basement floor. The stud walls haven't been installed yet. So now there are just capped PVC pipes sticking out of the floor...
  6. gplumb

PVC Pipe Size for Shower Drain?

My house was built in 2003 in Winston-Salem, NC with the plumbing roughed in for a basement bathroom. The PVC pipe for the shower drain is 1 1/2" diameter. I was told by one plumber that it requires a 2" pipe but this is the pipe that was originally installed when the house was inspected at the...
  7. gplumb

Taco 003 Hot Water Circulator Pump Runs Hot!

I just installed a hot water recirculation system with a dedicated return line and a Taco 003 re-circulator pump at the water heater. The system works fine, but I notice that the 3400 rpm pump gets very hot, i.e., too hot to touch. I've seen on some forums that the cartridge circulation pumps do...
  8. gplumb

What type of pipe insulation to use?

I just put in a hot water recirculation system with a return line to the water heater where the pump is located. It works great! I want to insulate both the hot supply and return lines in the recirculation loop (about 210 feet). I have seen several types of insulation ,i.e.,rigid foam and the...
  9. gplumb

Pressure builds up with Thermal Expansion Tank

I just had a plumber install a hot water recirculation system with a dedicated return line to the water heater cold inlet and a pump at the water heater. The system woks great and I now get instant hot water at the most distant sink. A backflow valve was put into the cold feed to prevent hot...
  10. gplumb

Laing Hot Water Recirculation Method-minimizing air in line

I have looked into using the Laing method of connection, but they are the only pump manufacturer that specifies the use of the air vent near the pump (before pump if connecting to drain and after pump if connected to cold inlet). They also want the pump mounted below the top of the tank. They...
  11. gplumb

Where to connect hot water recirculation line at water heater?

I am installing a hot water recirculation system with a dedicated return line and a circulation pump at the water heater. There are two options for connecting the return line - the bottom of the water heater tank at the drain or to the cold water inlet at the top. I realize that unscrewing the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks