Search results

1. P

no heat on thanksgiving

radiant barrier paper . . . Thanks for the info on the barrier paper . . . I was planning on changing out the vent fan in the attick this spring, (last I checked they're about $90 bucks - it gave out late this summer:mad:) I'll put the barrier paper in ASAP though if that will help! It...
  2. P

no heat on thanksgiving

heating a 70's tri-level Well as mentioned above, the heat is working now and thats cool;) Any suggestions on improving or achieving a more consistant temp in this small tri-level (about 1500 sq. ft.) . . . we open and close certain floor vents depending on the time of the year but...
  3. P

no heat on thanksgiving

The problem was fixed with a new ignition kit, so we're all warm again thankfully! The mechanic was great and explained/showed me the safe way to ignite the furnace by hand again if need be in the future. He also confirmed the part I found on-line earlier today for $36.00 was what he just...
  4. P

no heat on thanksgiving

Well it's the day after thanksgiving, the heat is back on and I've learned a few things . . - the furnace can be safely lit by hand while a new ignition kit is on the way. - the ignitian kit can be purchased for about $36.00 bucks and installed easily (w/care)in a couple of minutes. -...
  5. P

no heat on thanksgiving

its about 32 going down to 22 F tonight. At what point would be the safest to manually light the furnace during the starting process? Thanks for your feed back Cass!!
  6. P

no heat on thanksgiving

not cooking today thanks verdeboy but we're not cooking today, going to inlaws, just trying to get my home warmed up. Thanks for the suggestion though, not sure what to do or how much this may cost us.
  7. P

no heat on thanksgiving

Hi, I'm in a bit of a pinch, seems my carrier weather maker 8000 gas furnace will not kick on. The unit goes throught the process a few times and then stops trying . . . it appears the "glow plug type things" arn't glowing to ignite. after looking inside, it appears the "thing" (I think...
  8. P

HELP - gas funace will not stay on

last night a toilet overflowed on the 2nd floor causing water to run down into the laundry/furnace room . . . since then then furnace will try three times to ignite and stop. It's a carrier weather maker 8000. I've turned the gas and power off to the unit and let it sit for over 5 minutes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks