Search results

1. E

Shower diverter too long????

Do all diverter brands leak? Thanks for the info. I have a young daughter with a compromised immune system and like to do what I can. Do all brands of tub/shower faucets have this problem? If I upgrade will this leak go away?
  2. E

Seat is out: Diverter valve still leaks After a week the seat is out. With a new valve, seal, and seat the bathtub spout still leaks when the shower runs. By my reckoning the valve should be open when the shower runs. Why does the water still come out of the tub spout? Is there a clog in the...
  3. E

Is there an easy way to change diverter valve? First of all thanks to all who offered advice. I managed to cram another seat into the diverter chamber and got the shower going again (narrowly avoiding what would have been the major complaint here). Is there a way to change the diverter by...
  4. E

diverter too long? - no pressure at shower After changing the seat (and valve) in the diverter I also had no pressure at the shower head. I thought this might be because the valve washer might be too thick. Then I looked at the old seats and one had a smaller profile. I put this one back...
  5. E

I have read through the 'diverter' posts but cannot find the answer to our problem. We had water damage to our new floor -- I ripped the wall apart and replaced the overflow tube, all valves (3), and seats. The inlet pipes had been replaced ~5 years ago. The bath faucet drips a small stream...
  6. E

small clearance to install granite in floor

first step done The hearth stone is in...now for the facing and surround.
  7. E

our plan It looks like we are going to go ahead and start this on friday (2/9). I think the hole has some mortar (and possible something else as there are two different shades) on top of framing. I do not think that there is a slab under there. As per the earlier suggestion we plan on...
  8. E

re: more concerns No I have never heard of the pillar method...please explain. Also please explain the heat cable application. I called around and no one in the immediate area has Wedi or has heard of it.
  9. E

photos Photos might help in advising sand/cement vs. framing.
  10. E

to curiouser and curiouser First of all thanks to all who replied. We hammer drilled out the bricks and mortar and left ourselves with a hole ~ 3"D X 17" X 65". On each side is a joist and a joist in the front. To the rear are the bricks of the fireplace front. The hole bottom is still...
  11. E

one more question... Thanks for the suction cup tip. A local tool rental has them. We were set to pour quickcrete concrete today with some wire mesh for strength. I've gotten several opinions about the way to support this small slab (hole is 3" deep -- 17" X 68"). I am now thinking that...
  12. E

We are going to drop a piece of absolute black (67" X 17" X 7/8") into a hole in the floor for a fireplace hearth. There is very little room (1/8" clearance) to grab the piece and set it in (about a 13/16" drop at the long edge). ie our fingers will not fit. Is there a good way to support it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks