Search results

1. sklett

New construction with red/blue Uponor PEX-A tubing - replace or OK?

JohnCT and Clutchcargo have convinced me. I'm meeting with a plumber tomorrow morning to get a price to do the work. I'll probably do it with him. I'm OK with using Uponor, I like the system and feel it's safe. One of the challenges is going to be getting the extra 4-5" of branch lines so we can...
  2. sklett

I saw this item on SupplyHouse which shows the red and blue AquaPex. I read the description though and it describes the pipe as Seems like an outdated picture and that the kit actually comes with the natural colored pipe. I've edited my message to remove the claim I'm seeing it sold because it...
  3. sklett

I mention Uponor in the title but will add it to the message body as well. You're correct that Uponor lists the colored pipe as "Not available" but many reputable, high volume dealers are still selling it. (e.g., SupplyHouse.com and Ferguson)
  4. sklett

Hello, We've been building a house and the rough plumbing was done about a year ago, but we're just now getting ready for insulation and drywall. Long story. The reason I'm writing this is that I happened across a story a few weeks back regarding a class action lawsuit for Uponor Red and Blue...
  5. sklett

304 stainless fittings mixed with galvanized fittings - OK, or not smart?

Thanks all for the input. While my original question is still unanswered, I think I'll change from stainless to a more simple setup using bronze fittings like Reach4 suggested. I like that it has that standoff so I can set a small brick under it on the hole and it will be supported.
  6. sklett

Good question. I was using galvanized because my local well and pump company uses galvanized for everything and they've been in business for several decades and have a good reputation. Basically I'm copying what I've seen others do, but I agree I've seen galv rust. The hydrant appears to have...
  7. sklett

Hello, first post and I decided to ask my question here because I'm going in circles and driving myself absolutely crazy. My situation: Running a 700' long, 1-1/4" 200 PSI (SIDR9) polyflex (ADS) line from shop to my house. Along the way I want to install a non-freeze yard hydrant. I planned to...