Search results

1. sfphoenix75

Fernco Multi-tite donut won't seat 100%

HJ, How would you try to insert it?
  2. sfphoenix75

The hub is clean as a whistle. All the lead and oakum is gone. Corrosion sanded away with emory cloth and then wiped clean with a wet rag. The insert fit nice and snug into the hub without the PVC but when I put the donut into the hub first I couldn't get the PVC in there - even with...
  3. sfphoenix75

Hi folks, After wrestling for about 4 hours with a cracked length of 4" Cast Iron vertical stack, I finally managed to get it out. Only to encounter another issue... The fernco multi-tite donut won't seat in the CI hub 100%. It's got 3 ribs around it and then the top flange. I've got 2...
  4. sfphoenix75

Stack Venting

Thanks for the advice guys. I appreaciate it!
  5. sfphoenix75

Stack Venting

That requirement that they all connect independently into the stack is the primary issue I guess. The circuit vent he added on the branch goes to the roof. I wonder whether this will compensate. Any ideas whether his setup will provide adequate venting? If not, how would you improve the...
  6. sfphoenix75

Stack Venting

Hello gentlemen, I am doing a second floor bathroom remodel and have hired the help of a plumber. He repiped the DWV system in the bathroom, but I'm not sure if it was done properly. I have a 4" main stack. A 3" toilet drain is tied into it 15" away. The toilet drain has a Y branch...
  7. sfphoenix75

Best Skirted Toto Toilet

I'm pretty sure that the Vespin is the least expensive skirted Toto, though I could be wrong. I have one and would heartily recommend it to anyone.
  8. sfphoenix75

Can we believe Consumer Reports?

One problem with many (most) Consumer Reports evaluations is that the products are not test over time. So, the recommendations end up being a feature-based comparison on what products deliver the best (initial) bang for your buck. How a product might hold up over months and years of use is...
  9. sfphoenix75

Bathfitter, Anyone ever use Bathfitter?

Would you consider installing a new tub and surround? Sterling makes a great product available at the box stores - runs between $350 - $600 depending on the model. Installation would take some work (or extra money) but you end up with a better finished product than the re-fitters.
  10. sfphoenix75

Help choosing 10" rough-in toilet!

That may explain why a distributor closer to my house said he couldn't match the price without losing money. (Though I still doubt his margin was that low).
  11. sfphoenix75

3 Shut off valves under bathroom sink?

I think you might have got it hj, as there was a small floor drain under the vanity sink area. I'm still unclear on what the connection is between a tailpiece primer into the vanity trap and the floor drain. I thought primers were meant to keep the floor drain trap wet?
  12. sfphoenix75

Water While Soldering

I just looked at the Jet Swet tool. Nice idea but I've often wanted to solder an elbow on a pipe with some water in it and I don't know if the Jet Swet tool would work in that scenario. I usually just use bread - it works most of the time but its not a great solution because often it absorbs...
  13. sfphoenix75

3 Shut off valves under bathroom sink?

Quick question: has anyone seen a bathroom sink vanity with three shutoff valves underneath? I just saw one at a hotel in Atlanta and I was curoius why there's a third valve. The first two run to the hot and cold water faucets, as expected. The third connects smack into the...
  14. sfphoenix75

Help choosing 10" rough-in toilet!

As you'll see from poking around the site, Terry and most of the professional plumbers are big advocates of the Toto brand. I'm a homeowner and have a couple rental units, and I was just upgrading the toilet in one of them a couple weeks ago. It has a 14" rough in and I wasn't satisfied with...
  15. sfphoenix75

Static cling toilet seat

Good ideas from both of you. I'll try the fabric softener sheets. I'll also see whether running a hot shower makes a difference to the static charge. My wife thanks you!
  16. sfphoenix75

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

I hope you're right LaNor - better competition would only help all of us consumers. Still, I recall many of the problems with the Champion not being immediately apparent upon install or shortly but developing over a period of time due to a faulty design and cheap quality parts.
  17. sfphoenix75

That's a great review b.o.b.! Please remember to give us an update in 12 months to let us know how it is going. My lingering concern is that the Cadet 3 has not been on the market long enough to indentify long-term reliability. That's a genuine concern not just for plumbers who want to...
  18. sfphoenix75

Skirted ADA height toilet

check out the Toto Guinevere or Soiree. You can get full pics and specs on the Toto website (totousa dot com). You can also do a search on this board. If memory serves, Terry has posted a nice pic of the soiree a few times.
  19. sfphoenix75

It seems the early reviews for the cadet 3 are favorable, but I don't know that it has withstood the test of time. You can find more feedback on the cadet 3 by doing a search for "cadet 3" here on the forum. My advice would be to pay the extra for a Toto. If I were to buy the Cadet 3 only to...
  20. sfphoenix75

Static cling toilet seat

I don't know if anyone's had this experience... Just bought a soft-close Toto toilet seat. Love the seat except for one thing: Even after a week its still has a lot of static charge on it. The problem is that it attracts hairs like a magnet and, well, I'm sure you get the picture. I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks