Search results

1. J

Drain Help, Please

overflow drain So, we got the tub in and fitting snugly. The drain opening is perfectly lined up with the hole in the tub. The overflow drain is tall enough to fit into the other hole in the tub, but will have to be forced forward to be attached to the coverplate with trip lever. Is it OK to...
  2. J

Slipjoint stuck

I am trying to raise the slipjoint in my overflow pipe in my bathroom. It seems to be stuck. I can not move it. Scared I might crack it. It appears that whoever lived inthe house before me glued it with something or another. Any advice on getting it unstuck.
  3. J

Overflow pipe question.

I am putting in a new bathtub. I need to raise my overflow pipe two inches. It is PVC pipe. I tried to loosen it last night but the thing would not budge. I have no idea what the prvious owners could have glued it up with. Just need to fix this one hurdle and I be able to have a new...
  4. J

Quick question regarding overflow pipe.

I am installing a new bathtub and need to raise my overflow pipe two inches. It is a PVC pipe. I tried to raise it last night but it would not move. I did not try real hard because I noticed that would prbably crack if I used too much force. I have no idea what the previous owners glued it...
  5. J

Drain Help, Please

Still need help. No, I meant the I boarded the back wall of the alcove. I left everything around the tub alone. You mean I can slip the rubber washers over the gaskets while the tub is set down. Even if I do not have access through the bottom of the tub. Should I seal it with silicon? Just...
  6. J

Drain Help, Please

My wife and I need advice concerning bathtub drain. I gues will start from the beginning. About four months ago my wife took a shower and some tiles fell off. Upon further inspection, we noticed that the home builderstiled the whole hower alcove on drywall. Bad idea. We gutted the whole...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks