Search results

1. tfratzel

Venting a double vanity

Thanks for another good suggestion. The only problem there is the vertical drain/vent will be directly behind a set of drawers, so no way to expose the clean-out. However, I may be able to put the clean-out just below the sub-floor before the wye connection into the horizontal drain.....would...
  2. tfratzel

Tub/Shower Combo Drain

Right now the 1 1/2" drain connects with a wye to a 2" horizontal that goes into the main vertical stack. Sounds like i should just replace the old 1 1/2" with 2" into the 2" horizontal.
  3. tfratzel

Tub/Shower Combo Drain

I'm replacing my existing tub (with tiled walls for shower combo). The existing drain and trap are 1 1/2". Should I keep the 1 1/2" or replace both with 2" horizontal drain and trap? Thanks in advance for all the great help everyone has given me so far.
  4. tfratzel

Venting a double vanity

THANKS! :) I appreciate the input. I guess the additional 2" only makes sense.
  5. tfratzel

Venting a double vanity

I posted a few days ago about this topic with no responses. I'll post once more hoping that someone has some input. I'm installing a 2nd sink in my master bathroom and I want to know if the proposed drain and vent is a proper configuration. I've attached a drawing showing the elevation of...
  6. tfratzel

Tub filler nipple

It's definitely a threaded filler so I need a threaded nipple. Do brass nipples come in different lengths or is this something that needs to be threaded to a custom length? (I'm wondering if this is something I can actually buy myself).
  7. tfratzel

Tub filler nipple

What type of pipe material should be used for a tub filler nipple? Does the nipple have to be copper or brass? or can galvanized steel be used? HELP PLEASE!
  8. tfratzel

Is this a proper vent for a double vanity?

I am adding a second sink, 48" away from the first sink, to my bathroom. I'm wondering if I'm properly venting the new drain. I have attaced an elevation view of the proposed drain system. Does anyone have a comment? Addendum: I've come up with another possible solution.....see the 2nd...
  9. tfratzel

How tight - copper to brass threaded fittings

Thanks for the replies This valve (Kohler K-306) only has female threaded inputs. If it had the male ones I'd solder it for sure. From everything I've read it seems to me that the best bet is to pre-solder a short horizontal piece of copper to the male adapter, then thread it to the valve prior...
  10. tfratzel

How tight - copper to brass threaded fittings

I recently bought a Kohler shower mixing valve. The valve inputs and outputs are all female treaded. I'm assuming that I can solder a copper threaded adapter to my 1/2" supply lines and then screw that directly into the valve. I'm just curious about two issues before I try this on the expensive...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks